Who took a rest day?

Options
HarlowS
HarlowS Posts: 287 Member
While I definitely was not planning a rest day, my knees were real sore this morning. I am on Week 6 of C25K and yesterday I did both exercises back to back. I think it was a bit too much so I decided to take a break :frown:

Kind of a bummer since I knew I was taking the 13th off for our yard sale. 30 days is going to become 32! AAACCCKKK!

Anyone else going to be doing their 'Day 7' tomorrow?

For those that are going strong...keep it up!

Replies

• apachebat
    apachebat Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Today was my planned rest day. It was nice and I think my muscles really needed the recovery day. I'm excited to see how much my endurance is improved tomorrow.
  • amber_arend
    Options
    I will be taking every Sunday off. I think my body needs the rest, so I will just continue on Monday. It'll add a few more days to the shred, but I don't mind. :)
  • mrichardson1
    Options
    i missed day 6 because im in class all day on Saturdays so ill have to add a few days to the end
  • kgprncss01
    kgprncss01 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I missed days 6 and 7(sat and sun)...cause i had to work, hoped to workout after i had got home, but i feel asleep both nights with my boys as i was putting them to bed. Now i don't know what to do, because i want to keep logging in with everyone starting back today. can i just double up 2 days this week? or do i add them to the end?
  • jogo8995
    jogo8995 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Many of us have taken a rest day or two for our own reasons. I plan to just finish a few days after everyone else. I just finished my Day 6 and I don't think I could possibly double up and do it again today without risking injury. I vote go at your own pace and add extra days at the end.
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I plan one or two rest days a week. Per what I've heard from,others Jillian herself says that it's not meant to be completed in 30 days, it's just the name the marketing folks used... Your body needs rest, that's when it can recover and you get your results. Just keep logging the day you completed, that's what I'm doing!
  • apachebat
    apachebat Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I take it as 30 WORKOUT days, not 30 days including rests.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    My rest day is on the 31st
  • raggyanndoll
    Options
    Sunday is a rest day for the Sabbath. Seemed to do me good because it was a lot easier today.
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I took a few days of rest. I'm going to get back into it today. I had a race on Sunday and needed to rest the knees. So I'll stay consistent until my next race which is th 28th of this month.

That means no more breaks for the 3 weeks.
  • healthyversionofme
    healthyversionofme Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    rest days are not a bad thing...just add on to the end.
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I agree. With the half marathon training plan I'm about to start, there are rest days, cross training days, and running days. So on my cross training days that's when I'll do 30DS. I don't want to over do it and injure myself.
    rest days are not a bad thing...just add on to the end.