what's else do you do

Options
shreddin_mama
shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
just curious, what other kind of exercise/activity do you do besides yoga? it is real easy for me to do yoga daily and forget my other activities. I like to run (although i have been on a break due from a injury), i also do some circuit training.

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    I either bike or walk everyday. My ideal day would be 3 hours of yoga and an hour walk.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I walk or bike to work everyday, and walk a lot on the weekends too (last Saturday I was walking for over 8 hours!).

I also do barre, spinning, and swimming.
  • EleMeleUkulele
    EleMeleUkulele Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have yoga classes twice a week, on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Besides that, I walk to work and back home five days a week, go to dance classes on Wednesdays and Saturdays, and to the swimming pool on Sundays. Wanted to add some running to the schedule, but I'm afraid I might spontaneously combust. :p
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    In addition to 10-20 minutes of yoga each morning ......

I hit the gym 5-6 days a week ...... 10 miles minimum on stationary bike ...... sometimes a few minutes on elliptical, although I HATE it ........ then cooldown on TM for 1 mile .......

Next I lift weights ....... alternating days of leg/thighs and arms/shoulders ...... and lastly, if my work schedule permits, I try to make at least two yoga classes a week.

No wonder I'm tired :laugh:
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    wow! amazing workouts
  • sweetkeys
    sweetkeys Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    At my yoga studio I do cardio yoga 2X per week and hatha yoga 1 - 2X per week - I also attend a Bar Works/Cardio Barre class 2X per week (combination of yoga, pilates and ballet) and I hit the regular gym as many days in a week as I can - cardio and weight training. Sometimes I wonder who I am? I was never too active physically. Would take walks but that was about it. Started yoga almost four years ago. Would only go 2X per week to easy, level one classes. And then I've just kept increasing my activity. It definitely has helped me maintain my weight loss achieved about 2.5 years ago. This whole eating healthy and being active is definitely a lifestyle - my lifestyle!!
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I do Pilates 2x a week.