Progress Thread

Options
13»

Replies

• newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up Burn and I"m moving onto Push next week. I know we need heavier weights for Push so I am getting some! Right now I have up to 20 lb but I will be getting more!
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hi, the reset is eating your real Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) for several weeks--it lets your body readjust to the number of calories it should really be getting. To lose weight you then start cutting a small sensible amount such as10 or 20%. This really helps people who have messed around with very low calorie diets (about 1400 or under). There is a huge support group for this on MFP--it is called Eat More to Weigh Less. I have learned so much from them!

For me, my TDEE is 2100 cals and I'm just starting my cut at 1900 cals.

I'll second this! I was eating at 1400-1600 when I first started losing weight. I reached my goal but then I started to build muscle so I ate more (like 2100). did that from feb to august. gained some nice muscle but now trying to get my bf% down so went to 1600 this time. I think my TDEE is around 1900. This has made quite a difference. Just started back up again and already down 4 lb!
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up Burn and I"m moving onto Push next week. I know we need heavier weights for Push so I am getting some! Right now I have up to 20 lb but I will be getting more!

You will! I just bought 25s, and am in my 3rd week of push, and I'd bet I could go higher on the legs but honestly, I'm done--each next set of weights is soooo expensive as they get bigger.

Good luck!

Just noticing this week I am sooooo tired....I keep conking out so early!! Is this the result of all this muscle building too? Did you guys feel this fatigue too? Not during the day, just needing more sleep at night...
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    Just finished the Burn phase today. Starting Push on Tuesday. Really looking forward to it but I'm hoping my Powerblock Sportblocks are enough (they only go up to 24lbs).

Is anyone else loving the ab workouts in CLX? They are my new faves and I love that there are three to choose from so they can be rotated.
  • Robin1117
    Options
    good morning!

Well, I have one more day of the Push month --and it's another day of Burn it Off/Recharge. I would really like to start Lean today instead....am trying to figure out why Chalene would call for this one day of Burn it Off/Recharge and then a Rest at the end of each month in between the phases.

I of course get why we should take a rest day, but wonder exactly what it is supposed to accomplish to do BIO again, especially since we just did this workout the day before yesterday?

Anyway, will think about it for another hour or so while drinking coffee and decide then.

gxm17---just saw your note about the Abs--I do like the Ab Burner! It's tough, but not as horrible as the P90x Ab Ripper, that I dread and had to do for the last 8 months. I didn't notice the change to Extreme Abs on the schedule late in the push month, so haven't tried that yet---whoops! But will this week.
  • chojolitos
    Options
    . I didn't notice the change to Extreme Abs on the schedule late in the push month, so haven't tried that yet---whoops! But will this week.
    [/quote]

OMG!!! I couldn't do it so I did the regular :blushing:
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bicep Curls...how do you progress? Or maybe anything on weights...I am kind of new at weights and lifting heavier. this is different from the Shred and such.
    But I find 10 pounds to be easy on Bicep curls. Not super hard at all. Yet 15s are way too hard. I can maybe do 3 curls with my right arm and my left hand says no way! Must be my weak side...
    Anyways...how will I progress? Does it just happen? Is it too soon? I just got the 15 & 20 pounds and I realized that 15s are good for lower body, and like the lunge and back rows...but how do I improve?
    Thanks!! I am kind of a newbie at this!
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I bought some 12's and that was a nice transition from the 10's........maybe go the lower side of the rep instead of the higher one..
  • Robin1117
    Options
    . I didn't notice the change to Extreme Abs on the schedule late in the push month, so haven't tried that yet---whoops! But will this week.

Oh my! did this for the 1st time yesterday. Hard!! At least the first part of it......I'm pretty good w/planks and stuff, and there is a lot of that in the 2nd half, but wow did the first part hurt!

Anyway, it's all good!

Am about to finish my first week of Lean.I had condensed this 1st week because of that last Burn it off/Recharge from the end of Push, I had to do that on Monday, then I started right up. I was going to skip a rest day to fit it all in this week, but I think I'll actually skip the last BIO/Recharge so I can have a rest day--I think it's needed big-time; my arms are sore.

Lean is interesting. Am working a zillion new muscles. I miss the cast of characters from Burn and Push in these Lean workouts, but maybe I'll get used to them. These people in Lean aren't quite as inspirational, although I love all of Chalene's motivational talk....I never thought I'd be a sucker for that kind of thing, but she's really great.

Oh, I also tried the Get-Lean Intervals yesterday--the one that I just recieved as part of the deluxe package. It was great--very similar to the Burn intervals, but nice to have something different and challenging.

hope you are all having a good week!
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well, finished up PUSH yesterday and so did my WI and measurements for the end of month 2.....

Weight down 2.5 from a month ago and lost 1 3/4 more inches so overall on CLX I have lost 7 1/4 inches and 3 or so....

Not bad but not great but I am at the end of my journey weight loss wise so I'm thinking that makes a bit difference w/ how much you can lose too...

Starting LEAN phase on Monday...

I also ordered REVABS...not sure how I'm going to incorporate that into my CLX routine.....anyone else done that program/
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd post my results are completing BURN.

My bust and chest stayed the same.
    My waist is down 2 1/4 inches.
    Hips down 2 inches
    Tighes down 1/2 an inch each.
    Arms down 1/2 an inch each.

I haven't weighed yet because I'm of a no scale challenge till October 22
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Started Lean today and did my measurements from push month. Not really much change at all over the month. I lost a total of 2 1/2" overall and 1.2 pounds.

Original Measurements:
    Waist: 28.5
    Hips: 39
    Abductors: 22.5
    chest: 34
    Right Arm: 10.25
    Left Arm: 10.25
    Right Thigh: 20.25
    Left Thigh: 20.25
    Weight: 139.8

End of Burn:
    Waist: 27.75
    Hips: 38
    Abductors: 21
    Chest: 34
    Right Arm: 9.50
    Left Arm: 9.50
    Right Thigh: 18.75
    Left Thigh: 18.75
    Weight: 136.2

End of Push:
    Waist: 27.5
    Hips: 37.5
    Abductors: 21
    Chest: 34
    Right Arm:9.75
    Left Arm: 9.75
    Right Thigh: 17
    Left Thigh: 17
    Weight: 135
  • bellabrite
    bellabrite Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Nice work! I am so jealous of your thighs and hips going down!! I just finished Push (I did 6 weeks, actually). No change in my measurements, but I was not cutting calories in the Burn phase.
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Nice work! I am so jealous of your thighs and hips going down!! I just finished Push (I did 6 weeks, actually). No change in my measurements, but I was not cutting calories in the Burn phase.

Thank you. It surprised me with my thighs..now if I could shrink a little in the abductors. I think I had the most change in Burn, so I'm very curious as to what Lean will bring. I will admit though..I didn't have much change in Push but it has been my favorite so far.
  • Robin1117
    Options

Thank you. It surprised me with my thighs..now if I could shrink a little in the abductors. I think I had the most change in Burn, so I'm very curious as to what Lean will bring. I will admit though..I didn't have much change in Push but it has been my favorite so far.

Amazing results! thanks for sharing! I'm jealous of your thighs and hips too. Sadly mine have gotten bigger in the last 2 months and I"m scratching my head...why, why, why?? I didn't need to lose weight to begin w/in this program--I have been maintaining for over 2 years.....but didn't expect to be bulking up there?? I was hoping for the opposite. Anyway, maybe it'll change in Lean, or I'll have to figure out how to work the lower-body a little differently when I'm done.

Speaking of lower body--I tried the "Extreme Legs" in the deluxe set yesterday. It was nice--not horribly hard. There was no cardio--just a lot of the squats that are mixed in w/some of the other workouts like a different take on Bicycle lunges, and more 3-way lunges, and squats, and some work on the rear and hamstrings w/the dreaded thigh toner. She had a little longer, and different stretch/cool down at the end that I liked. Today I'm a little sore--so it was probably a good workout. Hopefully I didn't overwhork them so that I'm in pain when I do Lean 2 today....

have a great day everyone!
  • CrystalX82
    CrystalX82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    damn, I must be doing something wrong because my thighs will barely budge! I'm finishing up my first week of Lean. Here are my results so far:

Measurements before ChaLEAN Extreme:

Weight: 141.8
    Right arm: 11 in. Flexed: 11.5 in.
    Left arm: 11 in. Flexed: 11.5 in.
    Chest: 35.5 in.
    Waist (across belly button): 31.5 in.
    Hips: 39 in.
    Right Thigh: 22.5 in.
    Upper Right Thigh: 23 in.
    Left Thigh: 22 in.
    Upper Left Thigh: 23 in.
    Right calf: 15 in.
    Left calf: 15 in.
    % Body Fat: 1 in. = 25. 4 mm = 31.5% [Healthy/Average range]

After Burn Phase:

Weight: 139.2 [down 2.6 lbs]
    Right arm: 10.5 in. [down 0.5"] Flexed: 11.5 in. [same]
    Left arm: 11 in. [same] Flexed: 11.5 in. [same]
    Chest: 34.5 in. [down 1"]
    Waist (across belly button): 31.25 in. [ -.25"]
    Hips: 39 in. [same]
    Right Thigh: 21.5 in. [down 1"]
    Upper Right Thigh: 23 in. [same]
    Left Thigh: 21 in. [down 1"]
    Upper Left Thigh: 23 in. [same]
    Right calf: 15 in. [same]
    Left calf: 15 in. [same]
    % Body Fat: 1 in. = 25. 4 mm = 31.5% [Healthy/Average range] [same]

After Push phase:

Weight: 139 [ - 0.2 lbs but my weight keeps fluctuating between 138-141]
    Right arm: 10.5 in. [same] Flexed: 11.5 in. [same]
    Left arm: 11 in. [same] Flexed: 11.5 in. [same]
    Chest: 34.5 in. [same]
    Waist (across belly button): 30 in. [ - 1.25"]
    Hips: 39 in. [same]
    Right Thigh: 21 in. [ - 0.5"]
    Upper Right Thigh: 23 in. [same]
    Left Thigh: 21 in. [same]
    Upper Left Thigh: 23 in. [same]
    Right calf: 15 in. [same]
    Left calf: 15 in. [same]
    % Body Fat: 28.5% [ - 2.5% ]
    Skeletal Muscle: 31.8
    BMI: 23.3
    Visceral Fat Level: 4% [Goal: < 9% ]
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Total- one month CLX Burn =5 lbs, 6.5".
    1/2 " off arms, 2 off thighs, 1 off waist and bust and lower abd. Hips were same. REALLY want to move more off the waist. But happy with the results so far.