Carbquik baking mix?

Options
I was thinking about getting some of this to make cinnamon rolls on for the weekend. Is this a good product or should I stay away from it? If anyone has a low carb cinnamon roll recipe that does not require this mix please share it with me :)

Replies

• IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Anyone???
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I don't have a recipe for you but I have used CarbQuick.

I think it tastes and works just like Bisquick. I've used it in a pie crust and to make biscuits. They tasted so much like regular it worries me but other have monitored their blood sugar after eating CarbQuick and have reported that they did not see any blood sugar spike (unlike what they saw with Dreamfields Pasta) . So it looks like it is Keto Friendly, by as with all things YMMV.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2012/07/almond-flour-cinnamon-rolls-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html

Found this recipe online, it's made using almond meal (ground almonds)
  • IamOnMywayNow
    Options
    LowcarbNY- thanks for the info. I will buy some to have on hand for things like biscuits and pancakes:)

Laura_beau- Thank you for the recipe!!! I will make these this weekend. YUMMY!
  • Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I use this occasionally. I actually made some sausage balls out of it (a weakness of mine around the holiday time) and fooled my husband!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    Options
    I made the cinnamon rolls from the recipe Laura posted and they were AMAZING! Try them!!
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I opened up my box of Carbquik and made this pizza crust. I really liked it - especially because it has tons of calories and protein so it's SUPER filling. I love filling foods!

http://www.carbsmart.com/lowcarbpizza01.html