Workout Video Suggestions?

Options
VirtuallyAmy
VirtuallyAmy Posts: 30 Member
Hi! I am learning kettlebell on my own because no one around here teaches it and I do not have time to go to both a kettlebell class and my karate class.

Does anyone have a favorite video that offers instruction in addition to a workout video for someone who is new to it yet in some shape? Or do you suggest Youtube? My budget is limited so I do not want to buy video after video until I find one I like. I everyone may have different reasons for liking or disliking something but it would be a start.

I do have a Bob Harper video that came with my kettlebell but it annoys me after watching it a few times. Plus the instructions are during the workout. Once I understand how to do it, I do not want to have to pause and listen each time I run the workout. Reminding about form is fine.

Thanks!! :)

Replies

• nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Myomytv.com has lots of great free workouts as well as tutorials on the different moves. I love her stuff!
  • VirtuallyAmy
    Options
    Myomytv.com has lots of great free workouts as well as tutorials on the different moves. I love her stuff!

Looks excellent!! Thanks!!! :bigsmile:
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Tracy Reifkind's book "The Swing" is great (check your library). She also posts workouts on youtube pretty regularly.

There is also a ton of info on artofstrength.com and dragondoor.com.

For dvds, I've got a set from Iron Core Kettlebells (Sarah Lurie) which is good. The set of 4 dvds is pretty reasonably priced on ebay I think. Other than that I've got a couple from Art of Strength, but they can be a bit pricey.
  • VirtuallyAmy
    Options
    I will check it out! Did not think of looking into books.
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Oh, if you're looking at books too, I've started Lauren Brooks' Kettlebells for women. She gives detailed descriptions (and pics) of he different exercises, and it's a 3 month training plan with 15 different circuits. I've been following her plan for a little over 3 weeks now and it's been really great.
  • VirtuallyAmy
    Options
    Oh, I like! Thanks!
  • deedles42
    Options
    Definitely look for RKC certified too. There are many out there that try to show videos of them doing it but it may not be the proper form. My favorites are: Tracy Reifkind, LAUREN BROOKS, and the Myomytv.com already mentioned. They are my favs as well.
  • craigpix2000
    Options
    i use the art of strength providence dvd and its really good
    theres a clip on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eunPWJ57zX0
    its really easy to follow along to
  • quiltbugj
    quiltbugj Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I also highly recommend anything from Tracy Reifkind. She has fantastic videos - including the correct way to swing that she put out when The Swing was released.
  • couturekitty
    couturekitty Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I use Misfit's Kettlebell Basic. I don't think there are any more copies but she has a new line. http://www.misfitla.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=58
  • crazysexykoo
    crazysexykoo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Tracy Reifkind's video, she probably has at least a 100... all free on youtube.
  • coledogs
    Options
    I did exactly the same. Google Kettlebell Exercises to get a list of the names of the different exercises then go to youtube and search for videos by exercise name. Most of the time you find what you want.
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    There are a couple hundred "Minute of Strength" videos on artofstrength.com.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I have several kettlebell DVDs and Lisa Balash is my favorite (Kettlebell Bombshell).
  • ashleyraepope
    Options
    I love Lisa! She is motivating.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Lisa looks amazing! I want to try one of her classes soon.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Livefitrevolution.org has a whole workout program with videos and its free. I did Phase one before I started going to a trainer.
  • kford9
    kford9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the suggestions!
  • sanvanhaaften
    Options
    great info, thanks!