PCOS Eating Plans??

Options
Is anyone else trying to eat a specific PCOS diet? I am really trying to eat whole, clean food and limit my high fats and dairy. But some of the information can be confusing. What is your take on soy? I have read to try and eliminate it completely and also that is a good source of protein. Personally, I have eliminated isolated soy proteins and other processed soy products, but I still eat tofu and edamame. Also, I love making my own miso soup, but I know it is high in sodium as well. What are your thoughts or do you have any good tips?

Replies

• Nilleyward
    Nilleyward Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else trying to eat a specific PCOS diet? I am really trying to eat whole, clean food and limit my high fats and dairy. But some of the information can be confusing. What is your take on soy? I have read to try and eliminate it completely and also that is a good source of protein. Personally, I have eliminated isolated soy proteins and other processed soy products, but I still eat tofu and edamame. Also, I love making my own miso soup, but I know it is high in sodium as well. What are your thoughts or do you have any good tips?

That's sounds like a pretty good diet, but I try to avoid alot of carbs it's been working so far with my weight loss. They say we should try to stay between 50 to 150g of carbs a day, because we are carb sensitive and try to stick to whole wheat pastas, breads and rice. Also, another lady on here told me that raspberry leaf tea or raspberry tea work well for us, so I've been trying that and I will check back to see if it works.
  • Ajnyvt09
    Ajnyvt09 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't know that there is one "perfect" diet for PCOS'ers, but the general consensus is that watching your carb intake is beneficial. With that said, I think it's important to do a plan that works for you and is something that you can stick with. It really has to be a lifestyle change, not just a diet. I am currently doing a combination of healthier eating while keeping carbs in mind (veggies, fruits, whole grains, portion control), tracking on MFP, and including exercise at least three days per week (preferably more). Making exercise a component of your daily routine is important for so many reasons. No matter which "diet" you choose, the support on MFP is amazing! I know it has helped me knowing there are others who struggle with not only their weight, but PCOS too. Good luck to you!
  • lorrainzander
    lorrainzander Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree-no perfect eating plan. Especially because everyone is different. I am loving the Ezekial line of sprouted grain breads and tortillas right now, it really helps me with feeling full and satisfied and I don't get hungry. Thanks you guys for responding!