Maternity Pillows

Options
mainesm
mainesm Posts: 107 Member
Back pain help!!!

Anyone use those big maternity pillows? Like the Boppy Total Body pillow?!?! Do they help or are they a waste of money??

Replies

• KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have always just used the big body pillows but not ones made for being pg. The giant comfy ones you can find anywhere and are under $15.
  • mainesm
    Options
    That is what I use now... maybe I just need a newer one...
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i got one 5yrs ago for my first pregnancy and i still use it every night! and i also used it when i was breast feeding and then to help my little ones sit up. iv had the worse back pain for last 2 weeks and it really helps me!
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have the boppy pregnancy pillow and it was kind of a waste of money. Its really only like a pillow under your head and in between your knees. Some ppl love theirs but for the $50 i spent i would have been just as happy with a couple more regualr walmart pillows
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I personally feel they are a waste of money. I use the squishy type pillows and it has been a wonder for my back and hips not sure how much it was since my sister bought it for me but it has to be cheaper than $50 she wouldn't spend that much.
  • mainesm
    Options
    Thank you for all the tips! =)
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm a stomach sleeper - so pregnancy REALLY messes up my sleep patterns. I found this pillow with only a few left with my last baby:

http://sitincomfort.com/pronecushion.html

This time I REALLY want to upgrade to the pillow my chiropractor uses:

http://www.bellypillow.com/

And don't worry... I don't sleep on my tummy all night, just naps and the REALLY rough nights I do it for an hour or so to relief my hips and lower back. My chiro and OB both signed off and love that I can help relieve the lower body pains.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I got a ginormous u-shaped pillow that takes up half of our bed. My hubby and I refer to it as "the pod." It was expensive and looks super ugly. All that said, I would buy it again because it is the only thing that makes sleeping on my side tolerable. Pre-pregnancy, I slept on my stomach and my back, but never my side. I found, when I started sleeping on my side, that I would get shooting pains in my hip. And I woke up a lot from tossing and turning. Because it's huge and u-shaped, the pillow kind of locks me in (in a comfortable way). "The pod" doesn't make everything perfect, but I'd say it makes me at least 75% more comfortable, so it's worth it to me.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    This is the one I want to get because it's a perfect compromise between a wedge and full body pillow (which I've never liked):
    http://www.amazon.com/Boppy-Prenatal-Cuddle-Pillow-Neutral/dp/B00474AT6K/ref=sr_1_9?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1349838607&sr=1-9&keywords=pregnancy+pillow
  • mandalu292
    mandalu292 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 12 weeks and just getting to the point where I want something... I've actually heard good things about the Boppy Total Body Pillow. I've been sleeping with a regular body pillow, but I am a stomach and back sleeper and have not been very comfortable with just a body pillow. I know it's $50, but I might still invest in the Boppy one!