Favourite memories of Level 1

Options
We've almost made it through level 1, great job everyone! I thought we could reminisce about all the good times! haha

I'm going to miss that moment where Natalie stops doing the lunges because she thinks she is off screen - always makes me feel good that she is also not finding it super easy.

and some of my favourite quotes:

"It's cool down time, and God knows we deserve it, hit that mat and get as deep into a splits position as you can manage,, if you're a little less flexible like me.. haha very funny guys.." - I like that one because it means the hard work is over!

"I think I'll join you, I can always use a good chest fly in my life" - I just really like it when Jillian says that, no idea why!

my least favourite quote: "just a couple more" .. and then she makes us do more than 2 more! A couple means 2 Jillian!!

Do you guys have any favourite level 1 moments?

Replies

• kgprncss01
    kgprncss01 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    We've almost made it through level 1, great job everyone! I thought we could reminisce about all the good times! haha

I'm going to miss that moment where Natalie stops doing the lunges because she thinks she is off screen - always makes me feel good that she is also not finding it super easy.

and some of my favourite quotes:

"It's cool down time, and God knows we deserve it, hit that mat and get as deep into a splits position as you can manage,, if you're a little less flexible like me.. haha very funny guys.." - I like that one because it means the hard work is over!

"If your looking for a modified version of the jumping jack, look elsewhere." I love it!!

"I think I'll join you, I can always use a good chest fly in my life" - I just really like it when Jillian says that, no idea why!

my least favourite quote: "just a couple more" .. and then she makes us do more than 2 more! A couple means 2 Jillian!!

Do you guys have any favourite level 1 moments?
  • kgprncss01
    kgprncss01 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sorry...dont know what happened there..lol!
    I meant to say, i love it when Jillian says," If your looking for a modified version of the jumping jack, look elsewhere." Cracks me up!
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I agree with that last one, I think I'm almost done but it's like ten more. Lame!

I hate it when she is snarky in the beginning...something about the way they say they are going to get us looking like this....then Jillian says "yeah right...". Basically. Just makes me feel like even she doesn't believe this will work!
  • wolfjaime
    wolfjaime Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree with that last one, I think I'm almost done but it's like ten more. Lame!

I hate it when she is snarky in the beginning...something about the way they say they are going to get us looking like this....then Jillian says "yeah right...". Basically. Just makes me feel like even she doesn't believe this will work!

I know I thought the same thing when I first heard her say that!

I also thought it was funny when Natalie quits doing her lunges.... cracks me up because she has this attitude like "just try to keep up with me" and then we all see her slackin!! Hahahaha!
  • womanwithamission
    womanwithamission Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    "Chop chop, ladies"
  • shutterbug21
    shutterbug21 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like how reassuring she is, and I love her because I've seen several seasons of The Biggest Loser and you can tell she REALLY cares.

She posted this on FB the other day, and it's amazing advice that I used today :)

Fitness Tip: All it takes to torch 15% more calories on the treadmill is adding a little incline. Even just 6% from a flat run or walk will make a huge difference. The higher you go the more calories burned at any speed without tacking more time on to your workout. Plus if you aren’t able to jog or run incline walking gives you the added intensity without added impact.
  • amber_arend
    Options
    I too LOVE how she says 'just a couple more'...if I have the sound up, that is usually where I take my five second break. lol I know really there are like 10 more.

It also makes me crack up when she says 'if you got, flaunt it'...Every time I think, all I got is this fat...and I am pretty sure I will get into trouble if I flaunt it. lol :)

One of my favorite parts is doing the static lunge and boxing. I pretend I am punching Jillian and 'the girls' in the face. lol It makes me feel better at least.

Also, when she calls them 'the girls' it makes me think she is talking about her breasts. haha My mom always called her boobs 'the girls'. Kinda brings back happy memories since she is no longer herself after having 2 strokes. :( And that is why getting back to a healthy weight and lifestyle is so important for me. My mom was only 40 when she had two massive strokes. She was extremely unhealthy in weight and in her lifestyle. Now she is in a nursing home, with her mother, and it breaks my heart that she is never going to be 'normal' again. I want my kids to have me in their lives until I am old, old, old.

Anyway, back on track. I am excited to move forward. I think my least favorite things about this level are the pushups and the lateral arm raise. Still can't finish the arm raise straight through, and I can't do a real pushup yet.

Keep at it ladies!
  • mysweetsurrender
    mysweetsurrender Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just did my last day of level 1 and I saw the moment where Natalie stops doing the lunges because she thinks she is off screen. Guess I never saw it before because I was so busy struggling with my own lunges :/ I have to say you ladies touch some of the best moments. Glad we're doing this together.

Words of motivation for all of us:
    "I know your tried and just want to stop right now and shut off this DVD, don't even think about it. Keep pushing. We don't quit at the end. This is where we finish strong. We don't get to the finish line and stop, that were we give it even more then we started with."

Your well on your way to being shredded...
  • kaybrose730
    kaybrose730 Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Ooooo this one drove me crazy everytime! :) haha
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    When she says "5 more" when doing bicycle crunches. LOVE IT!!!!
  • crummans1096
    Options
    When she says, "We're all in this together", and I start thinking, "Yeah, except I'm trying to lift a FEW more pounds up off the ground!"
  • raggyanndoll
    Options
    I am LOVING all this evidence that we are all doing the same video, from all parts of the world! What a great group this is!

I thought I would share something fun that I will be sad to leave behind when I move in to level 2. My five year old daughter Eliza has been "exercising" with me most days. It's fun to watch her. Periodically she asks, "How are you doing, Mama?" She'll also say, "Good job, Mama." But my favorite are the dumbbell rows. She calls them dumbbell high-fives. She holds a TV remote in each hand and as I bring my weights forward, she gives me a high-five with her "weights". I love it and so does she! She comes running when she hears the video come on.

Way to go Eliza!