willingness - how far are you willing to go

Options
I have been in OA for about 1 year.

I found my way there by attending COR (latin word for soul). COR is a nonprofit 5 day retreat for people who are food addicts / compulsive overeaters / people who have issues with food. It is located in Wayzata, MN. Going through that retreat was like being immersed in the OA program and the 12 steps. (A years worth of OA meetings could not have taken be that far).l

Going through the COR Retreat took me away from Being in the Food for 5 days - which I belive gave me what I needed to proceed with the 12 steps. And I found 12 people who I will never forget - who suffered the same as I had.

If you or someone you know needs this type of intense program to get out of the food - please look up www.cormn.org and check it out for yourself or for your loved one. You will never regret it.

It is not as expensive as you would think and there are scholorships available.

I now have OA meetings in my home in River Falls, WI every Saturday morning - and continue to grow in the 12 step program. If I never lost another pound in my entire life I could live with it. Because The 12 step program has helped me to become a better person in so many ways. Loosing the weight has become a byproduct of them - not the main purpose of them.

How far are we willing to go to stop the compulsive overeating. I can only answer this for myself - and I am a hard core food addict since childhood - I am willing to 1) continue to live/learn the 12 steps and not beat myself up when I fail 2) Nurture, encourage and support other people in their battle with food issues. 3) accept that I must follow a food plan. 4) Live the serinity prayer. 5) hold my tongue when I am about to give advice - who am I to advise someone else

For me the following 3 things work together to keep me food-sane: OA, My Food Plan and Therapy sessions,

Thank you for the OA message board and thank you for allowing me to join you here.

Replies

• MsSueBee
    MsSueBee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great post ... thanks for sharing!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    "How far are we willing to go to stop the compulsive overeating." -

As far as the road takes me. :)