recipies

Options
So what are the 2 best weight loss recipes you have??

Replies

• LJWW
    LJWW Posts: 8
    Options
    I don't know if it's really a great weight loss recipe, but I do a lot of substituting with plain Chobani yogurt. I use it in place of sour cream in dips (because let's face it, plain, raw vegetables without a little dip are boring!) Mix with Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mix, and it's fat and calorie-less. Tastefully simple makes some great dip mixes (garlic-garlic and onion-onion) that are great when mixed with the Chobani as well. If you must have tuna salad, or even a mac or potato salad. Mix the Chobani half and half with light mayo. I did this all summer and my family didn't even notice.
  • LJWW
    LJWW Posts: 8
    Options
    Not a recipe, but a tip...Rinse your meat! When I'm browning ground meat, I put it in a colander and rinse with warm water before continuing on with the recipe. It rinses off a lot of the fat that is rendered out when cooking.
  • jwlamplit
    Options
    This recipe was a HUGE hit with my family - they all loved it! Easy, quick and very tasty!!

In a crock pot:

4-5 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
    3 large apples, cut into small cubes
    1 1/2 c. onions, diced
    1 or 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
    3/4 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. pepper
    1/2 c. barbecue sauce

cook on low for about 7-8 hours

mix 1 Tbsp. cornstarch with a little water and add for the last 10 mins. of cooking time.

1/6 of the recipe contains:
    210 calories
    1.5 grams fat
    16 grams carb
    26 grams protein
  • jwlamplit
    Options
    Forgot to mention on the recipe I posted - I served it over a small amount (1/3 cup cooked) quinoa (great grain, high in protein!!)