lets do this!!!!

Options
GOALS OF GROUP:

SHRED 5X A WEEK FOR 6 WEEKS

ENJOY THANKSGIVING WITH A SHREDDED BODY

SUPPORT EACH OTHER THROUGH THOUGHTS, RECIPES, MOTIVATION, IDEAS, COMPLAINTS, NSV'S ETC

Replies

• jezy_jass
    jezy_jass Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 Day Shred on Monday and have been looking for fellow shredders!! I am all for weighing in on Wednesdays (instead of my normal Monday weigh in) since the weekends seem to be the hardest days for me to stay on track. I've never done any Jillian Michaels' DVD's prior to this, but have heard great things. I know with some great support and motivatino we can do it, I'm all for being shredded by Thanksgiving!!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I was searching for an on-line workout this morning and randomly chose this one because I'd heard of it. I'll have to get a few "starting day" pictures as a reference for results, maybe measurements, too. (haven't decided; I hate getting obsessed over the numbers)
  • pattiFM
    pattiFM Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What I've heard about this workout is that you don't necessarily see a significant drop on the scale but you see a significant drop in INCHES! So make sure you're taking measurements or before & after pictures to track progress!

It's day three for me and I"m about ready to go shred in a few minutes. Even after just a couple of days I'm already feeling so much stronger! And sore. I am definitely sore. lol
  • allgoodthings
    allgoodthings Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting the shred. I got up to level 3 previously and stopped. Still okay to join?
  • pattiFM
    Options
    Of course! :)
  • healthyversionofme
    healthyversionofme Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    so excited that we have a group to get us through! lets all keep checking in to keep us going!
  • sofievb
    sofievb Posts: 54
    Options
    hey guys, i'm excited by joining this group! i'm pretty new to myfitnesspal so i'm still getting used to it, but a support group for 30 day shredders is awesome! let's see if we can get each other through this!
  • neasy23
    neasy23 Posts: 47
    Options
    I like the Wednesday weigh in too. I weigh in on Tuesdays now but the weekends are heavier eating days for me so wednesday gives me an extra day for things to balance out!!
  • shapeshifter2478
    shapeshifter2478 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't know where to post this, but I am so excited to start this program and have some support. I just started doing this whole myfitnesspal thing about two weeks ago, so I am new and trying to figure it all out and use it well.

I am starting "the Shred" on Sunday, 10/14 or Monday 10/15 (I just had some wisdom teeth out, so nothing strenuous for a bit). I am still doing my 1200 calories a day plan here on myfitnesspal, so no worries. I am going to try to do the Shred 6 days and take off one day, so my final day should be the weekend before Thanksgiving. So, pretty close to your plan.

Hope this is fun (more fun than I think it will be!) and thanks for creating this group. Hopefully, I will be a productive member. Good luck everyone!
  • jammarx
    Options
    Im in- also my first group join here. Had planned on starting the shred tonight - so works out perfect!
  • RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I started on Saturday and have done everyday but Monday so far. My goal is to tone up, not necessarily lose weight but I took a photo and measurements so we'll see.

SW 143
    GW 140
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yay for finding this group!

Today will be day 4 for me . . . very sore all over LOL!

I weigh in on a Friday morning :smile:
  • Drrasmu
    Drrasmu Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hoping that joining the group will keep me motivated!
  • SusieGirlRN
    SusieGirlRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You are so awesome for making this group ~ now I feel obligated to follow through on this :laugh:
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You are so awesome for making this group ~ now I feel obligated to follow through on this :laugh:

HAHA! Nothing like a bit of peer pressure huh?
  • pattiFM
    Options
    Love that you guys are here to keep me accountable.. and I'll keep you accountable too! We're all in this together!
  • Ultrawomanll
    Ultrawomanll Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So excited to find this group, I have done the shred before and I loved it. I have a goal of fitting in this dress by by Nov. 10th that I wore the day my husband proposed to me. I have about ten pounds to lose to do so and I thought the Shred (along with cardio) would help me get there b/c it helped me lose weight before. What I am excited about is that, I thought "if only there was a group that was starting this week as well" and here I found you! So I am one day short, but I did go running/walking for 40 mins yesterday, so I got some exercise in. So good luck to everyone, Im glad I'm not alone its great to see other people working towards the same goals and I think were all going to do great :)
  • swingsnatchlift
    swingsnatchlift Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So happy I found this group! I just started on Tuesday and yesterday was Day 3 for me. I'm new to MFP (signed up for an account ages ago, but never used it) - so excited to get started!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, group. I have to find a lower impact exercise. I strained my right knee during a fall a few weeks ago, and the shred has proven to me that it hasn't healed yet.