Need a plan to stay on track over the holidays...

Options
So we just celebrated Thanksgiving this past weekend. My husband and I went away and ate out for 2 days, and on the third day had a big Thanksgiving dinner at my parents place. Thank goodness for all the walking we did when we were away! Threw me right off track for diet though! I feel like for the most part I made good choices but feel so bloated and sluggish now. I'm guessing too much sugar/carbs and sodium. It's got me thinking ahead now, with Christmas coming I need to make a plan. The nice thing is I'm hosting Christmas dinner and therefore preparing the meal. And at this point don't have too many holiday parties to attend. However, I work out with a group of women who use a school gymnasium for our classes and the school will be closed for 2 weeks during the Christmas break. I will absolutely have to work out at home on my own!! That's going to be tough, because I really rely on the accountability of going to the class. I'm curious what obstacles others are facing with the impending holidays and what your plans are to stay on track?

Replies

• mom2boys3
    mom2boys3 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I find it hard just having my kids home for 2 weeks, and my hubby is off between Christmas and New Years. This year I also throw into the mix, my sister's wedding shower is on January 5. I have a really hard time motivating myself to exercise when everyone is home, but I am deciding that my health is more important than how I think I look when I workout. If I decide not to exercise with them home, then I will just need to watch what I eat those days. I also am going to really focus on drinking my water during that time to try to counter some of the junk that I will inevitably eat.
  • divalivious
    divalivious Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Oh I completely failed over thanksgiving. The scale is proof of that. Not feeling so great about that need to get back into the swing of it again.
  • gwendb
    gwendb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I also need a concrete plan! I just had a weekend in NYC with my boyfriend and as soon as we get together its a total gorge fest- which is horrible because I don't eat like that! I'll think up some good tips and get back to you! One thing that really helped me a couple of weeks ago was to read the book French Women Don't get Fat. I listened to it actually on a book on tape (i have a really long commute). It definitely gave me a lot to think about in regards to gorging myself and why it's just not a good thing to do. I would HIGHLY recommend it!