"They're coming for you, Barbara..."

Options
So first of all, I just watched a horror movie on Netlix called Lovely Molly and I wasn't a fan. Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?

I'm Jess. I love horror in all its varieties and incarnations. Fear is a fabulous emotion to psychoanalyze, no? Ever since I was a kid, I've just eaten it up. Now I write it. Well, I write in my own integrated genre that's kinda urban fantasy/Gothic horror/erotica. I'm gonna think up a name for it and patent it, I think. Gothbanfan Horotica. Anyway...

I can't wait to get to know you all better and talk about all the little macabre complexities we love about horror. And to lose weight. Since that's why we're here. I'd love some friends to share triumphs and setbacks with. Get at me.

Replies

• TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Never heard of that movie, but will make sure to avoid it.

When I first saw the title of this post I thought it was going to be about Night of the Living Dead....which I just watched the other day lol
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I read the premise, but wasn't too interested. I guess I made a good choice since it sounds sucky. Your genre name sounds interesting. I would definitely give it a read!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Yea I was thrown by the title of post as well, expecting zombies :(

But anyway I did see Lovely Molly unfortunately not as good as I had hoped or as Netflix had hoped for me either lol.
  • wrathofophelia
    Options
    Yeah really, Netflix, get it together!

I chose the title just to grab attention. I love zombie flics, but I'm finding zombies and vampires just a little over-done these days.

BTW, also avoid The Tall Man on Netflix. It was even more terrible than Lovely Molly
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I did appreciate the Tall Man :D
  • wrathofophelia
    Options
    Just watched The Innkeepers and it did nothing for me... grrrr...
  • GrossMonster
    Options
    Just watched The Innkeepers and it did nothing for me... grrrr...
    Same. I thought it was just a slow build-up movie but no... nothing happened in it! I keep giving Ti West chances, but I'm just not a big fan of his.