Hungry!!!

Options
ragslittle
ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
had one of those days where I couldn't get full....I think I could have eaten the paint off the walls....even with RNY I still have those days.....although I just a small amount it doesn't seem to stay with me....usually PMS is the culprit!!! anyone else experience that???

Replies

• miss_erynn
    miss_erynn Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    oh girl! I do!
    PMS is definitely the reason why.............. and since surgery I switched my method of birth control from the pill to the patch...and the first week of the new patch cycle, I want to eat EVERYTHING!!!!

I force myself to make healthier alternatives now...... roasted chickpeas or Wasa/Ryvita flatbreads with salsa/cottage cheese mixed in place of chips and nachos, Greek vanilla yogurt with wheat germ, hemp seeds, ground flax seeds, and 1/4 cup of low fat granola (Special K is amazing!) in place of sweets. It seems to be working!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    yesterday was one of those days for me. I ate a bunch of stuff I wouldn't normally, I think it was probably a post surgery calorie record. This usually hits me about a week before my cycle and or when I dramatically increase the intensity of my workout which I think was a double wammy for me yesterday. I did pretty good in avoiding stuff that was pure junk and I'm certain while I was eating more it wasn't comparable to the pre surgery hungry days, so I'm not holding it against myself.
  • Slickerb
    Slickerb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The same thing happens to me during THAT time of month. Usually it is only a day, maybe two. Like everyone else, I try my best to make good choices. I figure that one or two days of eating higher calories makes up for the days, like today, when eating is a real chore. I having to force myself to eat my lunch now, about 2 1/2 hours later than I normally do.
  • Cheekybookworm
    Options
    So glad to know I'm not the only one who goes through the major hunger/cravings a week before TOM. So glad you brought this topic up!

Jess