What's everyone's numbers?

Options

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    1600 Calories
    minimum 60g of carbohydrates, but no more than 120g (doctor ordered)

100g protein
    90g of fat
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Calories: 1250
    carbs: 16 grams 5%
    fat: 83 grams 35%
    protein 109 grams 60%

It's very low carbs but I'm also under doctor's supervision and controlling diabetes without meds. And, quite frankly, it's where I physically feel the best.
  • Casedata
    Casedata Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to this group and to posting as a whole. I have failed every attempt to lose weight so I started with the "Belly Fat Cure" by Jorge. I'm not sure I understand his whole carb swap ideas but I realized that all this time I have been eating mostly carbs and low fat. I started just two weeks ago but have already lost by trying to keep my carbs under 120gm. I find that hard to do most days but I am slowly realizing how much I eat that I don't need to, like the bun on a hamburger,etc.

So, should I try to go lower on carbs or just stay at the 120gm mark for awhile. Any thoughts?

(And I thought 120gms was low carbing)
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    bump... wow, you all are amazingly LOW in carbs!
  • cuarrech
    cuarrech Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Ellie's Current Goals:
    Carbs: 0-10, absolute ceiling of 20.
    Protein: 20-80
    Fat: Unlimited
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Well, I went over my numbers last night. We ended up at a chinese buffet for dinner last night. Yikes! I did the best I could and still eat.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I eat a fat-based diet. My macros are 65 fat, 25 protein, and 10 carb (going over with fibre acceptable). I don't hit my macros perfect every day but usually pretty close. My many health problems have vanished and I have never in my life felt so good.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Options
    Man...I thought I was doing pretty good at doing the low carb thing but you guys are making me look like a wimp! Still got some changes to make it looks like. Do you guys not eat much fruit? That's where most of my carbs come from.

No, I don't eat much fruit, berries mostly. I get all the same nutrients from vegetables, with much less sugar. I will add more fruit back to my diet once I am no longer overweight but not much. If one thinks about fruits in nature, they weren't available year round so they weren't a daily staple in our natural diets; neither were vegetables for that matter... lol (unless one's people are from the tropics, I suppose!) If I ate like my Inuit neighbours used to eat I would be in PERFECT health. Not quite there, but doing well anyway.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to this group and to posting as a whole. I have failed every attempt to lose weight so I started with the "Belly Fat Cure" by Jorge. I'm not sure I understand his whole carb swap ideas but I realized that all this time I have been eating mostly carbs and low fat. I started just two weeks ago but have already lost by trying to keep my carbs under 120gm. I find that hard to do most days but I am slowly realizing how much I eat that I don't need to, like the bun on a hamburger,etc.

So, should I try to go lower on carbs or just stay at the 120gm mark for awhile. Any thoughts?

(And I thought 120gms was low carbing)

I'm so glad that you've come to realize that high carb/low fat isn't working. That craziness makes me sick, but it took much of my life to figure it out.

I have to eat below 40 grams of carbs to feel ok and enjoy continued good health. You could be different. However, if you still struggle with cravings and feeling hungry all the time, and your health is not drastically improved, you could try lowering your carbs, and don't forget to raise your healthy fats. Fats are key!

To really get the benefits of this way of eating, imo, the grains have to go. Especially wheat.
  • gnr123
    gnr123 Posts: 173
    Options
    Late reply I know...To be honest haven't really been losing much recently..

I am going to bring my carb intake down to 20g and eat more protein, see how that works..
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I've gone back to under 50g carbs lately ... I tried increasing to up around 100g (mostly 'good carbs' ;)) and just didn't feel right with it. The junk cravings started to come back, not so good.

I also increased the my usual calories by a fair amount (500) in an attempt 'boost' my metabolism (and keep carbs lowish), it just seemed to have the effect of making me a bit more podgy and sluggish.

So, back the plan I knew worked :)
  • Cattallie
    Options
    I'm on a 1200 cal, 20 g carb limit. As long as protien is 40 to 50 % of my daily diet I'm set. I try to get in 2 or 3 servings of veggies and I eat fruit only twice a week. And even it's strict, berries only for now.

I'm on a medically supervised weight loss program so what is right for me may not be for others. I'm also on appetite suppressants and supplements. 3 going on 4 weeks. No cravings except the gummy bears calling my name while I'm at work. Frozen Yogurt shop :) I personally have never been happier!
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure mines out, I'm fairly new to the group & low carbing but not to MFP. I've change because my FH BP was off the charts and I too have been diagnosed w/HBP as well so it was easiest to try to follow the low carb eating pattern. I seem to be at a stall but have lost some inches while eating low carb (though I have lost 13.5 lbs overall since being on MFP) while on the other hand my FH has dropped the same amount of weight in 3wks and still losing. I've adjusted my macros to 10% Carbs, 40% Protein, 50% Fat & 2197 calories as of this past Sunday. I limit my fruit intake to honey dew & canteloupe and have strawberries every now and again. Not sure if this is right but I'll keep adjusting till I start losing again. :ohwell:
  • Casedata
    Casedata Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that you've come to realize that high carb/low fat isn't working. That craziness makes me sick, but it took much of my life to figure it out.

I have to eat below 40 grams of carbs to feel ok and enjoy continued good health. You could be different. However, if you still struggle with cravings and feeling hungry all the time, and your health is not drastically improved, you could try lowering your carbs, and don't forget to raise your healthy fats. Fats are key!

To really get the benefits of this way of eating, imo, the grains have to go. Especially wheat.

I know that before I started this, I was eating at least 5-600 carbs or more a day.....always hungry.......always feeling like a sloth. So I started monitoring my carbs at 120 and my simple sugar at 18. So far, the cravings have reduced down to about 20%, unless I eat and go over...or way over....my 120 carbs.

Here is my question, you mentioned healthy fats, which I sure olive oil is one, but what are some others? Also, what is a good level for % of fat?
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Time to start again, so back to sub 50g with 20-30 being my target carb level. Going to shoot for 20lb by new years.
  • gnr123
    gnr123 Posts: 173
    Options
    Time to start again, so back to sub 50g with 20-30 being my target carb level. Going to shoot for 20lb by new years.

Good luck, I am sure you will smash it.
  • BertoJG
    BertoJG Posts: 27
    Options
    Listening to Good Calories/Bad Calories audio book here and as of Saturday my percentages are below.

65% Fat
    5% Carbs (I actually aim for about 20g net carbs)
    30% Protein

Robert
  • praxisproject
    praxisproject Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    1800 calories
    Carbs 5%
    Protein 30%
    Fat 65%

My BMI is over 50 and I'm Insulin Resistant
  • CPhT_Panda
    Options