Beachbody coaches

Options
DDay2015
DDay2015 Posts: 3 Member
How valuable are the beachbody coaches? I have the opportunity to buy P90X Deluxe kit never used from someone who decided to go with a personal trainer instead. Originally I wanted to buy directly form Beachbody because I wanted a trainer to hold me accountable. The more I've read, the more it seems most of the coaches are more like sales agents than personal trainers. Anyone with an opinion?

Thank You

Replies

• MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's just about finding and having the right coach. I am personally a Beachbody coach and I feel like my job is to help motivate people, regardless of what program they are doing and regardless of where they are at fitness wise. Nothing turns me off to a company more, than people who are pushy. I have a motivational group on FB for people who want a life change because I am still in my own road to health and fitness and I just want people to feel good about themselves! And only 3 people in my group actually do BB workouts. Add me if you just want someone to be there to listen and help ya out!
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You do not have to buy from a coah to have someone coach you. Most coaches are willing to help you out no matter if you are their "custmer" or not. However I do strongly advise against buying from a 3rd party. when you buy from beachbody or a coach you get a quality guarantee. If anything should happend to one of your DVDs they will replace it for you. If you didn't buy from them they won't be able to help you out. Just my 2 cents on that.
  • ewilder22
    Options
    I have to agree, some BB coaches are just for sales, but a lot are on the same page dealing with the same struggles and are just there to motivate each other.

I am a BB coach, but I don't do much "coaching" I just because a coach for the discount, but I have an AMAZING coach that checks in and motivates me daily.
  • everett9239
    everett9239 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am a beach body coach and I love what I do. I will admit, I never considered becoming a coach when I started. It seemed kind of sales-y and that is just not my personality. I started off with a coach that was, for the most part, absent. I went on to join an Insanity challenge and ended up switching my coach to the one that was hosting the Message board. He was and continues to be so supportive. I felt like I could ask him anything and he would always respond, and give me pointers and such. I loved what he was doing for me and for my workout, so I decided that I wanted to be a coach to do the same for people. I couldn't care less if I sell product or not, I just love being able to help people and be there for them when they need it. I think it is an extension of my real world job in the medical field...LOL