WOW! I've come to an amazing self-realisation...

Options
rr85114
rr85114 Posts: 104 Member
So this kinda just hit me over the weekend.

I've been eating more to lose weight since the start of July this year. I did an 8-week reset, and have been at cut since the last week of August.

As I was getting dressed the other day, I realised....oh...my...goodness... I'm actually *happy* with the way my body looks! This was an unrecognisable feeling for me, being someone that has never been happy with my body, since I was an 8 year old, and was always looking to lose weight and look different. This sudden contentment hit me out of nowhere. And it's incredible.

It all started when an old picture of me came up on facebook. The picture was taken in April 2009. I remember being pretty happy with my body at that time - still had parts that I wanted to change, but overall, I was comfortable in my own skin.

The funny thing is - I now realise that since I started strength training in late 2009, and maintaining a healthy eating (albeit VLCD) and exercise routine, and ESPECIALLY since starting EM2WL, my body has *totally* changed. The 'me' in the April 2009 picture probably never thought I'd look how I look now. Not trying to blow my own trumpet - I'm far from perfect, but I have so much more definition, everything is more 'compact' and clothes fit me so much better. I've still got my good old booty and my fuller thighs and wide hips, but I now embrace it and feel feminine and attractive.

I realised that I've reached a point where I'm happy with how I look, and that continuing to eat at cut and strength train, and do my HIIT, is something I can do as a part of my lifestyle, slowly chipping away at the body that I'm already pretty happy with! The pressure I used to put on myself to GET DOWN TO THAT DAMN 72KG NO MATTER WHAT has completely left. I'm still at 79kg, but I'm okay with that!

The best part of this all is that I know that to get to my "absolute perfection" goal, I just have to keep doing what I'm doing and I'll get there. My drop in waist measurement (down to 73cm - this has NEVER HAPPENED FOR ME) over the past week has just shown me that I can still eat almost 2200 calories a day and my body is still improving, little by little, but sure enough, it's changing in ways that it didn't at all before.

I feel SO free and content!

Thank you EM2WL!!!

Replies

• LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Happy sigh!

This is what it's all about! Reading that made me soooo happy. I'm so happy for you, R!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    How fantastic! So great that you are now loving the way you look. And to think you can actually eat a decent amount *and* have a body you're happy with, without ever needing to feel hungry or deprived. EM2WL rocks. Without it I'd never have known this either.

Glad to see this is all still working well for you even though you've been so busy with your new job lately!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely fantastic. So happy for you.

It is so important to feel happy and content in your own skin.

Keep it going, you are doing great!
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful post. I'm so happy for you :)
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    So happy for you, and so hoping I reach the same point too. I'm just now adding calories to a very low 1200 cal a day eating habit. Feeling very bloated, chubby and gross right now, but holding out hope I'm doing the best thing for my body. Congratulations to you.
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Great post!!! Awesome NSV! :flowerforyou:

I am right with you on finally feeling good in my "own skin"...I also realized this the other day...I'm happy with where I'm at, and know that if I continue on my current path, I will only continue to improve!

Again, way to go!!! Happiness with one's self is a great feeling, isn't it??? :drinker:
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep smiling at the beautiful image in the mirror.
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    thats great!!
  • AngelDog1
    Options
    That's a wonderful feeling! You've worked hard and should be proud of yourself. I'm so happy for you!!!!
  • riouxt
    riouxt Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching a wonderful point in your journey. Looking forward to having that feeling!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love this!!! You DESERVE to feel great & appreciate the body that you fuel properly, & have worked so hard for :)
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    What a great post, cant wait to see even more to come!! Good luck on your journey :)
  • 2abnorth
    2abnorth Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's great when we can love ourselves, inside & out. TFS!:happy: