Blew it already...

Options
thr33martins
thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
So after only one week of Livin' La Vida, I had a bit of a slip last night and I am so mad at myself. I ate a bunch of tortilla chips, dipped in homemade hot fudge sauce!! Ugh! I totally gave in to a sweet-salty-carb craving.

So to those of you who are veterans, how bad is that? Did I set myself back to square one as far as the withdrawals and stuff? Today I have eaten an omelette filled with cream cheese, smoked salmon and capers, and am drinking a bunch of water. I want to keep going with this because it is working so well!

Replies

• praxisproject
    praxisproject Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If you slip up, just get straight back on again, don't use it as an excuse to eat other junk. Make a note of triggers and try to avoid these, or find a healthy replacement.
  • thr33martins
    Options
    I almost put that question directly to you, but I didn't want to be a pain in the butt since I have asked you for so much information already!

I am being a model student today. You know what I think the trigger was? Those damn chick pea brownies! Until I made those, I didn't miss chocolate at all. Amazing how carbs beget more carbs! So no more of those. My whole family thought they were gross anyway. :laugh:

Thanks for the info, girl!! I am totally back on track today!
  • glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days - sometimes bad weeks! But every time i think of what you ate I shudder- not a combo I would go for although separately I would love them!!!
  • thr33martins
    Options
    We all have bad days - sometimes bad weeks! But every time i think of what you ate I shudder- not a combo I would go for although separately I would love them!!!

I would have used pretzels but we didn't have any!! lol..... gross, right? I just needed that sweet/salty combo....
  • foochick
    foochick Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    carbs beget more carbs....now that's a true statement. for my 'guilty' pleasure, i have sugar free jello with a tad of unsweetened whipped cream. mostly cause it's 'blah' instead of 'great.' i seriously had to stop the 'great' stuff to break it. now at 4 months i'm adding some raspberries!! they are waaaay better than great:)
  • princessbgirl
    Options
    whenever I mess up, I try to determine what I learned from the experience and how can I apply the lesson, moving forward. Sounds like you are well on your way.
  • siblita
    siblita Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have been consistently on plan for over a month. I have had 2 meals that did not fit the plan - but instead of letting it be the reason to stop completely and go back to my old way of eating (what I have done in the past), I instead used them as learning opportunities to succeed at getting right back on track and turn a failure (the carb-laden meal) into a success - (my new way of recovering from a carb relapse). So I focus on how proud I am that I didn't let a slip turn into a 20 pound weight gain!