How is everyone doing?

maidofstone
maidofstone Posts: 62 Member
Hi how I'd everyone getting on? Glad to see the group is getting bigger, no doubt because there is slot of stuff on tv about alternate day fasting at the minute.

I'm doing good, and totally don't feel like I'm dieting anymore and will definitely be doing this as a way of life. I know a lot of people have said they are struggling on up days bit to pig out! ANC I have had those too, I think let yourself once in a while, and just try to log in your head on other up days so you have a rough idea if you are overrating or not.

I'm also only weighing in every 2 weeks , sometimes more and feel it works for me much better and helps me keep on track waiting for that weigh in day : )

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling good xx

Replies

• kiwit22
    kiwit22 Posts: 14 Member
    Doing good now. Was doing everything perfect but had a bit of stall on the scales (1 kilo lost in three weeks). Thought maybe for the first time EVER :happy: I was actually eating too little

So gave myself a break from "dieting" for three days (didn't go crazy but certainly enjoyed) and I think the scales are actually moving again.

Wasn't too gutted about not losing because this way of eating is so easy and at least I wasn't putting on weight which is an achievement in of itself.
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    HI everyone .I have had a bad week had way too many UD's not good but today my DD is going well .I just seem to be gaining and loosing the same lbs though need to stick to it 100 %
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    I have exactly that problem...overeating on UD's :grumble:

DD's are becoming much easier on the up side. I am only down a few pounds in 6 weeks, but also, don't have much to lose (about 15) so I figure the slower the better. But at the same time, of course I wish it was faster!

So will work on my UD's. I have a MD on Fridays (today) to keep my ud/dd cycle the same. But my clothes fit alot better! Hope everyone is doing well :flowerforyou:
  • mummytobeslim
    I think I will have to log all my food on mfp i also have a fitbit so can see how many cals I have used through the day
  • mermer45
    mermer45 Posts: 77 Member
    Weight loss seems to have stablished this week ....a loss of 16lbs since I started. Bodyfat has moved down from 22.5% to 16.8% and seems slower to shift. However, I've plateaued before and then suddenly broke through...who knows!

One thing is for sure is I've got loads more energy and have become much fitter. In the last 7 days done 3 hours of strength training and run 20 miles.
  • sicchi
    Wow, thats amazing, 16 pounds! I have no real knowledge of fat %, my scales are basic, but the pounds (or kilos) are slowly moving down. It has taken me weeks to work out how my body responds to the food I feed it, but feel like I am getting somewhere. Also, have ALOT more energy (feel like the energiser bunny sometimes :laugh: ) and my clothes sure do fit better. I think I'm down 4 pounds since the start (7 weeks ago), but also had the flu for 3 weeks and quite a few big weekends. But..... hopefully its the fat I'm losing and maintaining muscle, then it's actually more! The main thing for me is, I don't have diet fatigue, like I do with every other WOE. I am really enjoying it!
  • mummytobeslim
    I think I need some help seem to be going round in circles I loose 2lb by the weekend doing alternate have two ups like most do ,but not too up and then Monday back to square one ,then same pattern again .I don’t have mush to loose about 10lb gut i cant go any lower than 500 cals .I may have to restrict UD calories .I do seem to loose after my three dd but the straight back on :(
  • sicchi
    I have the same problem... I really do think you may need to lower DD cal. After reading the book, it appears more important to restrict DD cal rather than UD cal. It sets that skinny gene sirt 1 in action. I am trying really hard myself... I am a 'not much to lose' person myself, and I should be eating 350/1700. I was around 375 last DD so getting there :tongue:
    Also, I think my mid day every Friday is making me stall (after speaking to other people). I am going to start strict rotations to get myself movig again. Maybe this is something you could try? Good luck :flowerforyou: