Wonder Walkers

Options
2»

Replies

• KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Just over 500kms now! Yippee. Got given some tee shirts for our group from the WW site.
  • Lukasmum1
    Lukasmum1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    10 May... 215km. According to AA maps, if I travel the main highway, I have reached Waiomio, Kawakawa, Northland.

Wow... where are the other travellers (walkers) in NZ according to their distance walked.
  • KahuNZ
    Options
    Finally past Auckland on the virtual walk - Total 639kms. Hope all the other Wonder Woman are doing ok!
  • KahuNZ
    Options
    Over 1000kms now so one third completed. I have a graph at work for those of my workmates doing this showing how much everyone does each month. Its a great motivator for all of us.
  • Lukasmum1
    Options
    445 km up to today...apparently according to the AA maps I'm on the 'Southern Motorway, Manurewa, Auckland'.

Hi there Auckland... just passing through.

:happy:
  • KahuNZ
    Options
    My total km's is 1444 so I am nearly halfway on this challenge and almost in Wellington. All my workmates that are doing the challenge, I log their monthly distance on a spreadsheet and make a visual chart for all to see. Its been four months since we started so the figures are looking good now.
  • Lukasmum1
    Options
    587 km as of today... Still in Auckland, can't wait til that line gets further south...

*Waves* to the other walkers wherever you are. :happy:
  • KahuNZ
    Options
    Hey Linda - can't see ya waving....crossing the strait now.....but glad you are still coming down the country!
    1658.26kms
  • KahuNZ
    Options
    Finally over the strait and I'm in the South Island now - 1739kms walked and run!
  • KahuNZ
    Options
    Nearly two thirds of the way now down the country at 1936kms. The map on the website isn't detailed enough to say exactly where - only shows main cities.

Also found a website where you can walk across America so I have got together 5 teams at work to compete to do this. Should be fun, as we can see each others progress going from Virginia to Oregon which is nearly 4000kms. In teams it should be faster to cross and its a great way to motivate others to get out and walk!
  • Lukasmum1
    Options
    786km... adding in my cycling kms as well...nearly at Tauranga. Wow KahuNZ, your zooming. Was it hard swimming across the ditch? :happy:
  • KahuNZ
    Options
    I cheated - caught the ferry :wink:
  • Lukasmum1
    Options
    :laugh: Lol KahuNZ @ catching the ferry. Still adding to my diary daily. Now I'm just past Tauranga... the duathlon training helps.
  • KahuNZ
    Options
    Way down the line now 2646.85kms as of 7/11/12! Yay not far to the end of NZ
  • absolutionneverrelativity
    Options
    Thank you for posting. This should keep me motivated for a wee whilte. Earlier this year I did a "I've Climbed my Own Everest" challenge. Similar to this where you "climb/step" the height of Mt Everest. You can access the challenge resources by going on to the Sport Otago Site.
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Have signed up - now to find a pedometer that works - or buy a new one....
    Good for you - if you have the money get a Fitbit on Amazon (not available in NZ) cost about $130 delivered. They are a great motivator to get you moving and seem very accurate for counting steps.

Can get a fitbit from Noel Leeming (or free through flybuys) for around $100