Weight accountability log - Week 4

Options
airboy1952
airboy1952 Posts: 62 Member
I pledged to weigh myself every Tuesday after exercise and to report the results to my fellow Challengers. Here's the data since the start of the Ultra Challenge:

Tuesday 9/11/2012: weight = 177.0 lb, need to lose 20.0 lb to reach goal
Tuesday 9/18/2012: weight = 174.2 lb, 2.8 lb lost since beginning of Ultra Challenge
Tuesday 9/25/2012: weight = 171.6 lb, 5.4 lb lost since beginning of Ultra Challenge
Monday 10/1/2012: weight = 168.0 lb, 9.0 lb lost since beginning of Ultra Challenge, need to lose 11.0 lb to reach goal
Tuesday 10/8/2012: weight = 168.6 lb

This apparent gain of 0.6 lb may seem disheartening, but it actually isn't. Normally I weigh myself after doing a hard exercise set, so that I've lost water weight by perspiration (typically a pound or more over the course of the workout). But since I've had a gimpy right foot for the past week, I've been exercising with the upper body only and so haven't perspired as much. So I suspect that my "true" weight has gone down.

In support of this hypothesis [1], [2] I submit my "pre-perspiration" weight as measured for the Killer B 10-Week Challenge last week and this week:
Monday 10/1/2012: 171.8 lb
Monday 10/8/2012: 169.5 lb

So I'm confident that the weight is still going down, and that I'll continue moving toward my goal! I should be out of gimp mode early next week.

One additional data point: For the first time since the mid-1970s, I can wear a medium T-shirt. In February, before the first 90-Day Challenge, I was an XL kinda guy...

Thank you all for your wonderful support, and I pledge you mine in return!

Cheers,
Roger

[1] Sorry to go all science-y on you by including hypotheses and supporting data.
[2] And footnotes.

Replies

• kbchmacdonald
    Options
    Science is our friend! Without it, THEY will gain control.
  • palheather
    Options
    Hey Gang,

Sorry for the delayed report; it's been a doozy of a couple of weeks. Not an excuse, just an explanation. Last week I didn't see any change in the scale, which was very frustrating. This week I saw a slight dip but not as much as I anticipated given the plateau of the previous week.

Wednesday 10/3/12: 144.0, same as previous weigh in
    Wednesday 10/10/12: 142.8, 1.2 lb loss

This number is particularly annoying because I am so close to my 50 lb loss marker of 142.0 but just not there yet.

Oddly enough, the KB scale changes are completely different. On that scale, I am much heavier and my weight loss this week was far more extreme (from 149.8 lbs on 10/2 to 145.1 on 10/9). I weighed in in the afternoons but the difference is still fairly ridiculous. I will only be counting my personal scale's changes on myfitnesspal, not KB's scale, since that scale is the one I have used consistently throughout this whole process (and I don't trust the accuracy of the KB scale since so many folks are using it).

Anyway, I will continue pushing myself this week and hope to see a better loss next week. If not, I will need to consider modifying my plan to get me losing more (e.g. a cleaner diet and/or upping the calorie burn numbers). Argggg.

Cheers,
    Heather
  • airboy1952
    airboy1952 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you, Slim... You are working so hard and doing all of the right things, and yet that damnable scale just sits there and glowers at you. But the weight *is* coming off, you *are* making progress, and you *are* getting closer to your goal! So please hang in there, Slim, and remember how much we all support you!
  • browninsb
    Options
    Ultra Challengers,

Happy Sunday! I've been working out about 4 days a week as the Tuesday Strength Challenge is just that a CHALLENGE! I go Tuesday for the Bootcamp, Wednesday for the Cardio Core, Friday Challenge then a bike ride or run for the rest of the burn.
    I was at 2103 calories burned by last night so I'm getting caught up at home.
    My caloric intake is steady and within the weekly range. I find that MyFitnessPal really keeps me on track and within my goal.
    My weight is consistently staying between 153 and 157 lbs. I am working to gain overall strength and muscle definition as well as stay physically flexible so as not to pull any muscles with the strength challenges.

I'm excited to see all of the hard work and dedication that y'all continue to give as you are working toward your own goals and supporting each other. I've appreciated your words of encouragement as there are so many transitions in my life.

Forward Ho! Enjoying each one of you, Mary Ellen