Weekly Chat - Oct 8 - 14

Options
Welcome to our weekly thread! Please feel free to repost the thread on Monday of each new week. Just remember to change the dates in the topic title.

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Debbie (shorty313)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)
Randy (Randyamc)
Sandra (Leeloominai01)
Toni (Themoodys13)
Corey (coreyisaacs)
Joe (misterbigg36)
Dee (Dedee36)
Tawnya (RubytOU)
Mariesa (princessmariesa)
Sri (slimntrim77)
Becky (altheiathepixie)
Melissa (MdmAcolyte)

Replies

• Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well I did very little over the weekend in terms of activity and food logging. SOmehow the food we ate was just really difficult to log (or maybe I wasn't determined enough).

Today is better, so far. I really have to do some physical exercise today and my eating is better controlled and logged.

Camsmommy I'm also down from obese to about 29 BMI, and yes, it does feel great!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Hey all! Sorry I went MIA last week, was a really busy week overall. We got our first snow her in CO too! I feel like I've been doing pretty good getting back on track, although I'm not going to say I've been perfect by any means! I've sort of accepted that its unlikely I will lose any weight until I finish NROL4W. The lifting just makes you so dang hungry! I've decided on a program I'm going to do after I finish as well that is aimed more at fat loss. I'm looking forward to getting started on that.

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sandra for starting the thread!

Great job Carrie on the BMI reduction!

Ellie - what program are you doing next?

This weekend was not kind to the diet, lol. I had 2 weddings, a birthday party, and a baby shower! Amazingly I'm only up 2.5 lbs since Friday, and every ounce was worth it :laugh: Hopefully it slides back off.

The clip on my Sansa MP3 player broke off and I'm really annoyed.
  • shorty313
    Options
    Sansa agreed to replace my player! :bigsmile:
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I'm going to do the Jamie Eason 12 Week Fat Loss program from bodybuilding.com, this is different from the LiveFit program that I've seen some people on here doing, that one is more similar to NROL4W. I actually did this program for a couple weeks before I started NROL4W and saw great results, but the workouts were the same from week to week and I decided at that time that NROL4W fit my goals (to gain some strength!) better. Now I feel like it will work well to help me maintain my strength while I get back to focusing on losing weight!
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Man I'm doing badly here.... I start out each day by tracking calories and then the meals get too complicated and I don't track :blushing:

What I must admit though is that since I've been using MFP I have a much much better idea of which foods are lighter in calories and what portion sizes are acceptable, and I suspect that's what helped me to maintain.

Saturday is my daughter's birthday party and I need to start planning the menu for the adults, and I need to make sure I try out healthy and tasty recipes!
  • shorty313
    Options
    Rough week here too. I'm actually up a bit for the first extended time since I've been here. Ugh. And I've mostly stopped exercising. I'm so annoyed at myself, but at the same time can't seem to find the time with work so busy.

Binge week is over :laugh:
  • shorty313
    Options
    I should sign up for a 5k oct 28 to make me move! I found one for our local library.
  • saihtnyc
    saihtnyc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Debbie - definitely do the 5K! I need a goal, without a goal I am wandering aimless.

I got the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred to have something I can do at home when kids are around or sleeping or whatever. I just can't always leave the house to run, etc. due to our crazy schedules on weekends with kids' activities, and on weekdays before or after work/kids' needs, etc.

I just need to find my weights, but my SIL and my dad both offered me some, so I won't buy anything yet.

I'm back and forth with my eating, I do okay and then skip the salads for a few days and get hot meals from our employee canteen. Sigh....