mini Sat

Options
oh my oh my, what can we do today? Any suggestions? None? ok then, guess I will be boss and tell you what we will do.
We will whatever we choose and then post it here for the rest of us to see. How does that sound?

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try quinoa. I bought some a few weeks ago because I have a lot of recipes on Pinterest using it. Would trying a new healthy food count as a mini?
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I'm hiking all day Saturday, Old Sauk Trail near Darrington. WA. Should be wet and fun.

Liz, I have never tried it either. I thought it was pronounced quin-Oh-Ah until last hike. One of the ladies there ordered it when we stopped to eat after the hike. She pronounced it Keen-Wa. It looked good when she got it, kinda looked a bit like small rice. Let me know how you like it, I may try it sometime too.

Edit: Fixed typo.
  • okiememe03
    okiememe03 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thunder and lightning today so pool closed. I plan to do my new cardio glider twice for 20 min. each time. It is like an elliptical only you sit. It is a recumbant elliptical. Works both arms and legs.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try quinoa. I bought some a few weeks ago because I have a lot of recipes on Pinterest using it. Would trying a new healthy food count as a mini?

It sure would. Let us know how it is.
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    For my mini, I chose to do the Biggest Loser workout on the X-box. I usually don't do it on Sat, but thought, why not?
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    recipe_main_fixed_497fd44760ff2474c1a8f2cd39b234dd.jpg
    This is what I made with the quinoa except I didn't have any strawberries so used raspberries and blackberries. I also used imitation honey and added some balsamic vinegar. It was too good--ate both servings that I made, so will have a light dinner. Here's the recipe-I made half a recipe: http://www.driscolls.com/recipes/view/7279/Honey-Quinoa-with-Strawberries-Blackberries-and-Almonds
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    recipe_main_fixed_497fd44760ff2474c1a8f2cd39b234dd.jpg
    This is what I made with the quinoa except I didn't have any strawberries so used raspberries and blackberries. I also used imitation honey and added some balsamic vinegar. It was too good--ate both servings that I made, so will have a light dinner. Here's the recipe-I made half a recipe: http://www.driscolls.com/recipes/view/7279/Honey-Quinoa-with-Strawberries-Blackberries-and-Almonds

Oh my gosh, that does look yummy. I am going to have to try it. Good job Liz.