Do I need to Start Over?

Options
Elo99
Elo99 Posts: 149 Member
Hi Guys!

I have been doing C25K since the beginning of August and was about to start week 7 when I injured my knee. It's been almost 3 weeks since I've been able to run / jog but am healed now and want to start the program back up this Tuesday, I was planning to go back to week 5 and start from there, but I was wondering if I'll need to start over at the beginning due to the time lost. I understand that it'll probably be a see what you can handle type thing, just looking for some feedback on what others in a similar situation have done.

Thanks!

Erin

Replies

• hellotherecupcake
    Options
    I wish I could find it now, but the Couch to 5K on Facebook page posted a link that says how much your running is affected by taking x weeks off. I think if I were in your position I'd probably start at week 5 and see how it goes rather than start at the beginning.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'd try week 5 and if you can't do it go back a week or two and see how that works rather than going all the way to the start if you feel you're up to it.

Personally I took a few weeks off and went all the way back to the start, but just because of my own personal issues - I don't really enjoy running so it's more of a challenge for me.
  • Elo99
    Elo99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback ladies! I'll see how Tuesday goes at week 5 day 1 and go from there :drinker:
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan. I wouldn't think you would have to start over after a short break. Good luck!
  • es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I took two weeks off after having just finished the program, and went back to Week 5, Day 3. It worked well for me.