Sorry but I'm outta here

Options
Yogi_Carl
Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
I had my heart set on Insanity but without really knowing what the content was. Now I have tried the first three modules I have found so much overlap and duplication of exercise moves in each that I just can't see myself doing this every 6 days out of 7.

I can use the Pure Cardio, the Weight Training module and Cardio Abs and possibly the Fit Test to see if minimising the programme in this way still brings results - actually could bring better results as I would be taking more rest and repair.

Anyone?

Replies

• heyitsadam
    heyitsadam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It's an excuse. No offense, but you're a quitter. You found an excuse... so you already lost. Didn't you ever see "The Hustler" with Paul Newmann? Once you have an excuse, you've already failed, because it doesn't matter anymore.

i'm half-way through my SECOND time through INSANITY. It's anything but repetitious. I STILL can't keep up with Shaun T, but I'm getting better and better.
  • CathyPainter
    CathyPainter Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You have to give it time. I went from p90x to insanity and wasn't sure if I liked it all that much for the same reasons but now I can't stop the insanity. I love it. I started in march and have almost completed my third round. I still can't keep up but am I ever getting good. The challenge is amazing. Hope you give it a chance.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Both right.... Insanity's a machine...It's so so hard to keep up with them (they even can't themselves) Even Shaun T takes breaks so... It's that bad!!!!!
    It's a fat burning killing machine ...yes with repetitions but it works on the right spots so I don't care much.
    I've melted like I never did with anything else with Insanity so I'll stick to it.

I'm starting phase 2 tomorrow.
  • ArtsieSarah
    ArtsieSarah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Some things are repetitious but it's never the same if you know what I mean. Every time I work out I find that I can do more and more sets of what I couldn't do the week before. I guess it's just a preference you don't need to do insanity if you don't like it. But I think this is the wrong group to post this when there are so many positive people here for it.
  • blaquebutterfly75
    blaquebutterfly75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It's an excuse. No offense, but you're a quitter. You found an excuse... so you already lost. Didn't you ever see "The Hustler" with Paul Newmann? Once you have an excuse, you've already failed, because it doesn't matter anymore.

When I saw his post last week, I thought the same exact thing. He just can't handle it, and that's fine. Just admit it.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the "Insantity' workout in the Spring and did it for about a week before Summer and cottage life got in the way. I am currently training for a 5 k so have been exclusively running, but I am going to get back into Insanity the beginning of Nov. I really liked it because it was hard! I couldn't keep up AT ALL and that's what makes it great! I had something to work up to.