WEEK 2 GOAL

Options
NO FAST FOOD! Tough I know for some of these on the go parents and really anyone searching for sheer convenience of a quick bite. This is going to be hard. It is your call whether or not this includes actual resturants. Personally, this goal is alot more about planning that the actual resturant. Best of luck to all of you! Please share your experiences <3

Replies

• noelibear
    Options
    Typically at resturants or fast food the calories are double or even triple what I cook at the house for the same or similar meal..Has anyone else noticed that? :huh:
  • ljpjones
    ljpjones Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    OK. I needed this one. I will get my coffee in the morning but no food :-)
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I'm back from my 3 day vacation with our Car Club...there was no way to avoid the restaurants. DH and I will be celebrating our 13th anniversary this October 9th...and will go out to a restaurant. I am already planning salmon grilled and some rice and veggies. I don't drink sooo I will only have water. The rest of the week, I will be at home and preparing chicken or fish all week. I gave up pork and beef on another MFP Pal's challenge...and I got through that fine last week. Seafood was the order of the day. I *did* have fish and chips...a fave...but this week and going forward in October no more FRIED foods...it will all be grilled. We got that NU-WAVE infra red oven...and I LOVE IT!

So far on track with two of my goals: Drinking 8 glasses of water...no FAST FOOD...and just have to get out there to exercise. Will go get my granddog later to take him for a nice walk.

Thanks for the Weekly Goal setting Noel! :flowerforyou: Grrreat job **LJP*** :flowerforyou:

Deb :drinker:
  • debilang
    Options
    Met 2 of 3 Goals for 10/8/2012

1) Drinking 8 glasses of water...SUCCESS
    2) No FAST FOOD - SUCCESS
    3) Exercise. FAILED - No exercise to day...did not even get out of the house. I know could have done exercise here...and just didn't (sigh):ohwell: Will do better tomorrow
  • debilang
    Options
    Met 2 of 3 Goals for 10/9/2012

2) No FAST FOOD - FAILED - had buttered popcorn when I went to the movies.
    3) Exercise. 30 minutes of dancing!
  • debilang
    Options
    Met 3 of 3 Goals for 10/10/2012

2) No FAST FOOD - SUCCESS - but busy all afternoon and it was tempting to get a MC'D's regular hamburger..DID NO
    3) Exercise. 11071 steps! Wow...On the go all day today!!
  • ewilder22
    Options
    One of the perks of living in the jungle in a foreign country is that the closest "fast food" is a 2 hour drive. Haven't had "fast food" in over a year.
  • ljpjones
    ljpjones Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    One of the perks of living in the jungle in a foreign country is that the closest "fast food" is a 2 hour drive. Haven't had "fast food" in over a year.

WOW. Now that is what I need to stick to no fastfood. LOL
  • debilang
    Options
    Met 2 of 3 Goals for 10/12/2012

1) Drinking only 4 glasses of water...FAILED :frown: Will keep trying!
    2) No FAST FOOD - SUCCESS -
    3) Exercise. 16180 steps! Wow...Another day of "On the go all day today!!"

Been soo busy, haven't had a opportunity to log in...it is ALREADY the 13th of October. Oct 11, met my 3 goals...but yesterday fell down on the water...being on the go so much...Anyway...another day today!

**LJP** lol...you make a good point...
    **E** Congrats on no Fast Food temptation!
  • 7djt
    7djt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Would you consider Chipotle fast food? If not, I did it! I met the goal for the week - yay me! If Chipotle is considered fast food, I almost completed the goal for the week and still yay me! lol Bring ti on! what are we doing in week three?:smile:
  • debilang
    Options
    Would you consider Chipotle fast food? If not, I did it! I met the goal for the week - yay me! If Chipotle is considered fast food, I almost completed the goal for the week and still yay me! lol Bring ti on! what are we doing in week three?:smile:

**7djt** I don"t consider Chipotles fast food...though "technically" the food is served to you 'pretty fast". At any rate...imho...everything is FRESH...grilled in front of you, chopped in front of you...and why Chipotles is soo popular the organic nature of its food. sooo I know this is late but CONGRATS!! You DID IT :):)