FitBit life expectancy?

Options
Greetings,

What is the life expectancy of a FitBit? I have worn mine daily since I got it in July and the case part of the device has come unglued. I have already contacted FitBit. If they don't replace it, I guess I will have to buy a new one. If they only last three-four months, that'll be $400/year.

Richard

Replies

• sgall123
    sgall123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You'll find their customer service is excellent & will probably replace it... I believe the ultra is known for cracking etc so the new version the fitbit one is due out in a couple of weeks & sits in a silicone case to stop the cracking also syncs via Bluetooth to your iphone 4/5
  • saratf
    saratf Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've had my original fitbit since October 2010 and haven't had any problems with it.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I've had mine since March, I had the case open up once, but just snapped it together - no glue. I'm more likely to lose it before it fails, I've had it under my car tire, lost in the middle of a yard full of weeds, dropped on the sidewalk when walking, etc. and each time amazingly found it. I've seen people post who seem to have had them for 3 years.
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have a zip and it broke in 1.5 years. Sad. It was a present and I can't afford a new one. It's out of warranty/
  • Moonfyredragon
    Moonfyredragon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I currently have a Fitbit One. I've had it for over 3 1/2 years and it has just recently started dying. I use it daily and used to take it one 6-20 mile hikes and only charged it weekly. I stopped all the hiking due to an injury and now charge it less often. Over the last month or so the charge wont last the week. I think it did pretty good for the length of time I've had it. Not to say much for the little case it comes with. I am actually looking at the Garmin one now.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I currently have a Fitbit One. I've had it for over 3 1/2 years and it has just recently started dying.

Did you try resetting it? http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-restart-my-tracker
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I got mine in April as a birthday/blackbelt test, celebration gift from a friend whose wife had used it for maybe a month. I started having issues with the battery a few weeks ago and it finally died about a week ago. I contacted Fitbit by email after I went onto the forums and FAQ and tried all of the recommended fixes. Even with my not having any kind of reciept they are sending me a new tracker and charging dongle. It only took the a few days to respond to and process my case.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I've had my Flex since last August and had to purchase bands twice because they ripped. They're fairly cheap ($9 for a 2-pack) on Amazon.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I have a flex. I'm on my fourth one since April 2014. But I haven't paid for any but the first one. Fitbit customer support seems to be all about replacing and not so much about fixing.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Charge HR and it only lasted a month and half. Battery wouldn't hold a charge. Fitbit sent me a replacement at no cost, but now the 2nd on is beginning to fail. I love the darn thing and I hope it won't be a problem when I have to call about the replacement failing. They do have great customer service.
  • Amerielle
    Amerielle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've had my One since Jan 2013 and it's still going strong. No problems at all!
  • jwieg49
    jwieg49 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge and have only needed to charge it once every 10 days or so. However, within the last couple of weeks I have needed to charge the battery every few days. And now it won't hold it's charge for more than a day at best.