How do you track your meals?

Options
monkeefun
monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
When everyone works overnight, I'm assuming they eat at some point over the course of their shifts ;-). My question is, how do you track that on MFP? I very often will be awake for almost 24 hour periods, and I can never decide whether to track everything within the correct 24 hour period (if it's eaten after midnight count it towards a new day), or if I should my "day" from the time I wake up till I go back to bed. My schedule is so screwy it's somewhat confusing me as to how to do it. Any thoughts?

Replies

• jlburns2005
    jlburns2005 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I enter all my meals for when I'm awake. I tried the other way but i found it to confusing.
  • wrathofophelia
    Options
    That's what I do, too. My day starts when I wake up at 10 p.m and ends when I go to bed between noon and 2 p.m. I track all my food under the same day and date, even though midnight would technically have been a new day.
  • Nursestyle
    Nursestyle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Working Midnight - 0800, it has taken me a while to get the hang of how best to track my meals.

I changed Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner to (Renamed them.)....Meal 1, Meal 2 and Meal 3.
    I track everytime I eat, unless I need the calories I generally try to eat light during Noc hours eg..... fruit, cereal, soups or nutritional snacks and or health bars.

Even if I pig out on Pizza night or hit McD's, or other fast foods.....I still track no matter how good or bad, I am really beginining to learn accountabilty.

Knowing exactly what's going in my body, and monitoring the affects is helping me set some limits, assess what will work and what won't. I don't deprive myself into failure, but I am developing discipline.
  • lossing4good
    Options
    I've been trying to figure out how to track my meals.

Like the idea of changing to meal 1, 2, and 3 I think I'll try that

I'm just having a hard time trying to figure out when to track. Like if I eat after midnight what day should I track that

I think I'll try it both ways for two weeks each and see how it goes and which one is better
  • taekwonkenpo
    taekwonkenpo Posts: 1,004
    Options
    I just added a new section on my meals and titled it "at work". I log everything i eat in 24 hr increments just like any one else. Breakfast is when i wake up. whenever that ends up being.