Advice for getting back on truck...

Options
I am almost 3 years post op in December & need advice on getting back on track. I have gained back 37lbs of the 120lbs I lost.

Replies

• tvaddict101
    tvaddict101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 2 1/2 years out and am starting to regain a little, which is why I am here. :) The things I have found worked the best so far are:
    1) Go back to basics. 3 meals, no snacks, protein first, don't drink 30 mins pre and post meals. Even go back to your pre-surgery liquid diet for a couple of weeks (if you did one). If necessary, re-read the info from your surgeon to remind you!
    2) This site/app has been really good at showing me that I was eating too much (snacking). I am aiming for 900 calories a day and I have stopped gaining and am slowly heading back down.
    3) Get rid of any food you can eat easily, as it probably means you'll overeat it. I have ditched all crackers and peanut putter and only get cheese every second week, as these became my default foods.

Hope that helps.
  • kjhendrickson90
    Options
    Although I've only had my sleeve for about 2 months, I would say your strongest motivator could be remembering how it felt like BEFORE you got your sleeve. Maybe find a picture of yourself from back then and think of how far you've come! You did 120 lbs! Now go kick 37 lb's *kitten*.
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    i believe its soo hard even without surgery to get back on the track for weight loss....but i agree with the others...be sure to remember what it was like before surgery and the whole process leading up to it...watch your eating, no drinking before or after 30 mins of a meal..PROTEIN PROTEIN...and make your meals last...im sure all will be well...you made it 120 lbs down..37 isnt much but i know you can do it
  • skalicky3
    Options
    I am newish to this site and my surgery date was July 26th. I knew this would be hard but I have an extremely tight sleeve. When did you get more than 800 calories?
  • tvaddict101
    tvaddict101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A tight sleeve is good! It will loosen a bit over time. I think my sleeve kept me under (or near) 6-700 calories most of my first year, -even a bit beyond that.