Exercise Ideas in the East Bay

Options
Hi East Bay Motivators!

I just started with the site and I am excited to change my life. I've been in search of activities within our area that help us to keep moving and stay active. Today I went on a long hike at Redwood Regional park. I really enjoyed it. I've also started up with Crossfit Eastbay in downtown Oakland.

One of my summer goals is to become a stronger swimmer. There is a pool at the YMCA I can use and also one at Mills College. The more I explore the area the more I love it here.

What types of activities are you involved in? Thanks in advance for sharing.

Best,

Jo

Replies

• ila916
    ila916 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am pretty new to the East Bay (moved here about 9 months ago) and still finding new places. I really enjoy running Lake Merritt and doing the stairs at Cleveland Cascade. I also really like hiking Lake Chabot.

The weather is so beautiful in the Bay Area that you can enjoy outdoor activities all day. I would like to try an indoor rock climbing place out here and somewhere to kayak.

Any other ideas out there?
  • MizKey84
    MizKey84 Posts: 4
    Options
    The rock climbing place is my gym. I do Crossfit there but would love to rock climb. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hello east bay!!!!!!! I stay Allllll the way out in Antioch. I usually just jog the trails. I would love to do lake merrit.
  • Gates72
    Gates72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey All...Just moved to Antioch, CA from Oregon 2 months ago....
    looking to lose...but I am a night shift worker....
  • AntoneWood
    Options
    Hi all, I live in Martinez and frequently walk from Downtown to the Marina and one of the new places I like to walk is Hidden Lakes Park. There are great trails, around the park with plenty of hills for intense workouts, or others without hills.

I work in Downtown SF, so work out at the Planet Fitness there during the week.