Run, Walk or Crawl 10/14-10/20

Options
reese66
reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
"Frustration is the first step towards improvement. I have no incentive to improve if I'm content with what I can do and if I'm completely satisfied with my pace, distance and form as a runner. It's only when I face frustration and use it to fuel my dedication that I feel myself moving forwards."-John Bingham

"I'm very determined and stubborn. There's a desire in me that makes me want to do more and more, and to do it right. Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. It's our goal in life to find it and to keep it."-Mary Lou Retton

15 miles starting Sunday and ending Saturday... Yep that easy and you know you can do it! Just log your daily miles, the total miles for the week and encourage your fellow challengers to make their goals, yep it's that easy.

"Run when you can. Walk when you must. Crawl if you have to. Just never give up." Dean Karnazes, the Ultramarathon Man

For the folks returning you know that the 15 miles is not the main goal. The main goal is just to get up and get moving, if you don't meet it that's fine and you surpass it, well that just freaking rocks.

For new comers the preferred method of posting miles would be:

Sunday-miles-what you did Monday-miles-what you did Tuesday-miles-what you did So on and so forth, posted daily or when the miles occur...

Total- Running total for the week thus far

As always this is not set in stone, if you post every other day or whatever fits into your schedule, but please try to stay close to the above format.

For those folks that don't do miles:
http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/
for conversion to be made easy (Thanks Nonafit)

Now let's get moving folks :)

"Running is about finding your inner peace, and so is a life well lived."
-Dean Karnazes

Replies

• MissRose888
    MissRose888 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Reese - you can do it!!! I didn't want to. . .but I dragged myself downstairs to the elliptical, turned the radio on full blast, and (although I'm slow and I'm not aiming to be in the record books), I did 2.10 miles in 30 minutes, barely no walking :)

10/14/2012 SUNDAY: 2.10 miles, elliptical machine (4.3 average pace), elliptical said I burned 225 calories, I logged 170.
  • reese66
    Options
    Reese - you can do it!!! I didn't want to. . .but I dragged myself downstairs to the elliptical, turned the radio on full blast, and (although I'm slow and I'm not aiming to be in the record books), I did 2.10 miles in 30 minutes, barely no walking :)

10/14/2012 SUNDAY: 2.10 miles, elliptical machine (4.3 average pace), elliptical said I burned 225 calories, I logged 170.

Great job Rose! Getting dressed to get out there, going to over to a trail that is around one of the local lakes here that I haven't ever been on.
  • eudaimonia_sf
    eudaimonia_sf Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    sun: ran 6.365M

MFP says that i have been here 90 days now - have run 51 times since starting here. now that my long run is over 6 miles, i would like to sign up for my first 10K.
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    sun: 3.1 mile walk

Today was the first day of the 2nd Annual Cupcake Classic. This is a virtual race, and the reward is a cupcake. So we started at a cupcake shop, walked the 5k, and had a scrumptious cupcake at the end. Darn it is a shame but I will run for food lol
  • reese66
    Options

MFP says that i have been here 90 days now - have run 51 times since starting here. now that my long run is over 6 miles, i would like to sign up for my first 10K.

That's some awesome mileage to start off the week.

I am doing a couple of 10k's next year:

http://www.childrenstlc.org/Events_GroundhogRun.html in Kansas City
    and
    http://omahamarathon.com/ in Nebraska

Trying to get a goup together for one or both races. If your anywhere near would love to have you on board :)
  • reese66
    Options
    sun: 3.1 mile walk

Today was the first day of the 2nd Annual Cupcake Classic. This is a virtual race, and the reward is a cupcake. So we started at a cupcake shop, walked the 5k, and had a scrumptious cupcake at the end. Darn it is a shame but I will run for food lol

LOL put a cupcake in front of me I probably wouldn't stop running until I caught it, lol...

Great job today and cupcake well earned :)
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday 3.07 walk/run

Total 3.07

First time the trail I did today, talk about beautiful. The trail raps around one of the small lakes near by, fall leaves, mommy and daddy ducks with their little ones. Was awesome!!!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I am back to taking a few days off because I pulled my quad. Hopefully I will be OK by Tuesday, but I am guessing it may take a little longer. Never thought even a year ago that I would be dying to get out and run!!! Such perfect weather for it right now too.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sunday 2 miles run/walk

Weekly Total 2 miles
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Sunday 2 miles run/walk

Weekly Total 2 miles

^ Nicely done, Katrina!

@ Vereushka - feel better very soon!

- - -

Sun: 2.5 mile run.
  • reese66
    Options
    I am back to taking a few days off because I pulled my quad. Hopefully I will be OK by Tuesday, but I am guessing it may take a little longer. Never thought even a year ago that I would be dying to get out and run!!! Such perfect weather for it right now too.

Take care of that quad, we will still be here :)
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday 2 miles run/walk

Weekly Total 2 miles

Nicely done!!!
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday 2 miles run/walk

Weekly Total 2 miles

^ Nicely done, Katrina!

@ Vereushka - feel better very soon!

- - -

Sun: 2.5 mile run.

Go girl go!!!
  • eudaimonia_sf
    Options

That's some awesome mileage to start off the week.

I am doing a couple of 10k's next year:

http://www.childrenstlc.org/Events_GroundhogRun.html in Kansas City
    and
    http://omahamarathon.com/ in Nebraska

Trying to get a goup together for one or both races. If your anywhere near would love to have you on board :)

If I lived there, I'd love to run with you! (I'm in SF.)
  • eudaimonia_sf
    Options
    cupcake challenge sounds fun!

reese, i've never run trails -- i'm afraid of tripping on a root and tweaking an ankle! it does sound much more beautiful than running on roads or the track.

vereushka, sorry about the quad -- you can't catch a break :-/ hope it heals up.
  • MissRose888
    MissRose888 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    10/14/2012 MONDAY: 2.15 miles, elliptical machine (4.4 average pace), higher level than Sunday, elliptical said I burned 250 calories, I logged 180.
    TOTAL: 4.25, 10.75 to go and 5 days to do it! (Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri/Saturday!)
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Miss Rose- Nice job on getting those miles in to start off the week

reese66- love running on trails & this time of year would be pretty

eudamonia- go for that 10K !!

thinktank32k- love me some cupcakes, funny because I follow a group of ladies with MomsRunthisTown and they are doing a cupcake type of virtual race

Vereushka - Ugh, hate injuries. Take it easy & give it some rest ~ you will be back at it soon (I should really take my own advise since I keep running even though my big toe hates me for it LOL)

Katrina & Waffler - way to go & get those miles in !

Here are my miles so far, I plan on running further on Tuesday if my toe will let me :frown:

Sunday ~ 2.65 mile run
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sunday 2 miles run/walk
    Monday 4 miles run/walk:bigsmile: Now THAT felt good. You have to love fall in the south.

Weekly Total 6 miles
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Sun: Rest Day
    Mon: 3.30mi Run
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thu:
    Fri:
    Sat:

3.30mi ~ Run/Walk/Crawl