Accountability

Accountability is one of the most important factors in losing weight, or changing any behavior/lifestyle. When you have to report to someone else, when you feel a level of pressure, it tends to change how you think and act. This is the main reason we started weighing in at every Bikini Bash Meeting. I want to encourage you to log in daily and log your food and exercise. It forces you to be accountable to yourself and those in your group. In many ways it is more powerful than the Monthly Bikini Bash meeting because you do it every day.
The simple act of writing down everything you eat is a powerful form of accountability. Being an active MyFitnessPal user will force you to monitor yourself. However, you need to take this seriously- every day, every bite. It’s like taking your group with you everywhere. You'll find that logging alone is quite effective. Log it in. In weight loss, as with many things in life, each step isn't all that difficult, but consistently doing it every day is - consistency is key. Logging everything as you consume it helps with that. When you do this each day it keeps you accountable to yourself, and brings this aspect of your life to the top of your mental agenda. When you are writing/logging each day, you are thinking about the things you write about. This begins to change how you think and facilitates better decision making. When you make better decisions, and have a broad support network, you are very likely to make that life style change (lose weight) for the long term. When you do both these things, the odds of success increase dramatically.

Replies

• :heart: Thank you Mam!! love you! Loving the help!:flowerforyou:
  • Very well said!!! I too thank you and love the help and support! It's motivating...
  • fsaintilis
    fsaintilis Posts: 14 Member
    Thank you, chica :) I am happy to scale go back down. I can't wait to be back in the 160s, what out now lol