Will anyone beat Anderson Silva?

Options
tigerblood78
tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
Don't get me wrong, I know anyone can be beat, and it will inevitably happen, even to Silva. And Stephan Bonnar is not even in the same class as Silva. But watching him taunt Bonnar, take his best shot, then simply end the fight when he felt like it....is he the best ever? He has my vote.

Replies

• trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I really want to see him Fight GSP
  • mani_r
    mani_r Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think Dana is trying to set up a fight between Silva and Jon Jones. I'm not a fan of "Bones", and it would make me grin to see Silva front kick Jon's teeth into the 5th row, but I think Silva will lose this fight (if it happens).
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    This would be a terrible fight. Jon Jones and Rory McDonald are the only 2 guys I want to see Silva fight, and neither are middleweights.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options

Me too!

Not sure how the weights would be worked out but I think a GSP vs The Spider fight would be an epic event for the sport.

And, as a fan of both, I am not sure who would win? As a Montrealer, my heart would want GSP to win. But, my brain says that it would probably be Silva.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    Silva says he has two more fights and then he's going to retire. Or so i read.......

But supposedly he ducked Weidman, and fought Bonnar instead.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I think he'll retire undefeated because he won't fight Jon Jones but will gladly fight and likely defeat an undersized GSP.

GSP isn't even considered big for his own weight class.
  • maxonehiphop
    maxonehiphop Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    not if he retires first. standing he is awesome but he has looked vulnerable on several occasions. It would just be a matter of time he kept fighting.
  • JBuck1914
    JBuck1914 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    He has my vote just from the fact that he seems to dominate his fights with little effort. I like GSP but wo different weight classes and Jon Jones as well. Silva would have to put on two much weight to fight Jon Jones or Jon Jones would have to drop to much weight. So it appears he is the best in his class and possible of all time. Jon Jones would be second to me then, GSP. All awesome Mixed Martial Artist..