Happy Healthy Honest Monday!

Options
How did your weekend go? Any learning opportunities or successes to tell us about? How are you doing in general? Share something that made you happy!

Last week, Berna got an invitation to dinner over pizza with her son-in-law and instead responded with a hearty: he was welcome to stop by for dinner, and that I was having a delicious vegetarian dish that I'd made the night before - that pizza is really not in the cards for me right now. It felt good to make a positive decision!

MyOwnSunshine said: As I progress with this lifestyle change -- eating healthy and working out -- I realize that I feel so much better emotionally and physically when I stick to eating healthy and getting enough exercise and sleep.

These are great things for us to keep in mind! We do this for reasons, WORTHY reasons and it's a choice by choice lifestyle!

Replies

• doit2013
    doit2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all...

Again enjoyed walking this weekend. I'm finding that if I get up and out the door first thing, I don't hear all the excuses in my head saying why I probably shouldn't walk, hahaha!

I did some calorie saving this weekend and was able to enjoy some pizza AND stay within my calorie budget :)

Overall things are good...still trying to squeeze in water every chance I get...can we count the frequent running to the bathroom as exercise???

Hope everyone has a wonderful week...

Sue
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello everyove, hope its a great start of a new week for you.

I had a good weekend. Went for a long bike ride Friday. It was a beautiful day with a downhill turn in weather predicted so I enjoyed the time outdoors. Saturday I had a strength training session..Yesterday I took a rest/cheat day but went only about 400 calories over goal and was still about 2000 under goal for the week.

I have my menus planned for the week and hoping for great success. Hope all of you have a great week too.
  • BernaRoche
    BernaRoche Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Weekend was great - got to see some old friends from grad school for their annual "Chili and Gumbo Cookoff", and managed to stay within my calorie goals for the day by just tasting small samples of about 8 of the 24 entries, and not adding my usual cheese and sour cream. I also made my VERY favorite soup on Sunday, Creamy Butternut Squash Soup (the cream comes from blending, not actual cream), and had a cup of that for an afternoon snack. I find that bringing something that I can look forward to eating at about 4 PM really helps me stave off hunger for my long ride home (I have a 3 hour round trip commute). I'll be having that soup all week, and it's very low cal, very high fiber, and full of good anti-oxidants.

I like the idea that Sue had about getting outside first thing in the morning to avoid the excuses not to exercise. I should try that, because I keep finding that the day is over and I haven't exercised again.
  • Holdenke1
    Holdenke1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Boy the day got away from me. This weekend my husband and I went for a hike Saturday morning, and then Sunday I exercised on my eliptical. I regretfully did not track my food, although I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I got on the scale. Lost 1.5 lbs. I have to tell you, that was truly motivating for me. So this is definitely a motivational Monday.
  • LaDonnaLoves
    LaDonnaLoves Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You all are doing great! I'm sad to say that illness has taken me down the path of feeding my cold, or bronchitis as it were... I'm not doing terribly, just not tracking/exercising, so there is my honesty today!
  • Holdenke1
    Options
    Happy Monday everning. I am not sure if you want to start a new discussion board every Monday or just add on to this one. Well, I am motivated to go on this week. Lost 1.5 lbs last week. I have a different attitude this time around. Losing between .5 to 1 lb per week is motivating. Anyway, I hope you are all doing well today and make this a productive week! We can do it!!!
  • Holdenke1
    Options
    You all are doing great! I'm sad to say that illness has taken me down the path of feeding my cold, or bronchitis as it were... I'm not doing terribly, just not tracking/exercising, so there is my honesty today!

LaDonna, how are you doing? It is such a set back to be sick. I hope you are feeling better this week. :flowerforyou:
  • doit2013
    Options
    Upped my walk to 3 miles this weekend, and still staying within my calorie goal. I've managed to avoid the crud, although everyone around me at work has come down sick...I'm hoping it stays away from me :)

Have a wonderful week!
  • doit2013
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's not a happy monay for those of you who may be on the east coast...hang in there and be safe...
  • Holdenke1
    Options
    Yes, my prayer is that the storm passes those by who are on the east coast. Hopefully it will die down to just rainfall, and not too much of that either.

I'm in Texas and the weather today is very pleasant. We are very fortunate here.

This weekend I didn't lose a lb, or even 1/2 a lb. Although I know I ate well and I hike two days with my husband. So I know I'm doing good things for my body. I am only down 5, with 18 to go. Hopefully in 4 months it will be off, and my health will be improved.

Good luck to you this week ladies . Let's keep each other lifted up and motivated. We can do this!
  • Holdenke1
    Options
    Ok, since this is an honest Monday, I have to admit I gained 1.5 lbs. I have to be diligent this week, without being too restrictive. Because I know that will make me too hungry and I'll end up gaining again. I have to remember it is a slow steady road to health. Ok, so this weekend I took a hike with my husband. It was 6 miles, so I can feel good about that. Although last week I ate a bit too much so that is why I gained a bit. Hope you all have a great week! :smile:
  • doit2013
    Options
    Happy Monday, honest Monday...I had to go out of town for three days and one of the days had to eat buffet food for both breakfast and lunch. Needless to say I consumed nearly all my calories for the day by the afternoon. Fortunately, I was saved by the fitness center in the hotel and after an hour and twenty minutes I had enough calories for dinner,

All in all it was a successful trip as I worked out each day in the hotel and was under my calorie goal each day.
  • doit2013
    Options
    Ok, since this is an honest Monday, I have to admit I gained 1.5 lbs. I have to be diligent this week, without being too restrictive. Because I know that will make me too hungry and I'll end up gaining again. I have to remember it is a slow steady road to health. Ok, so this weekend I took a hike with my husband. It was 6 miles, so I can feel good about that. Although last week I ate a bit too much so that is why I gained a bit. Hope you all have a great week! :smile:

Way to go on the 6 mile hike:)

And keep going! If we work this program, it will work for us...
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I was watching our local news the other day and they reported that by the year 2030, 30% of Americans will have Type 2 Diabetes. Thats a lot of people! This struck close to home. My husband was recently diagnosed with Diabetes, and I am Insulin Resistant trying not to turn into a diabetic. A local doctor who runs a Diabetes Clinic said he is seeing more and more children with the disease. He stated that Diabetes is a preventable disease. He said you can suffer a little pain now with diet and exercise. Or you can suffer a lot later.

I thought this information was good for Happy Healthy Honest Monday, because everybody here is trying to get healthy. So I would like to say congratulations to all of us!:happy:
  • doit2013
    Options
    Today is not such a happy Monday...I'm stuck at work while the family has the day off :/

Actually I'm lucky to have a job, so let me change that-happy, happy Monday :)

Anyway, had a good weekend...did manage to drag my butt out of bed and walk both Saturday and Sunday, but it was amazing that I tried to talk myself out of walking...I'm going to have to beat the crap out of the voice in my head...she's beginning to irritate me...
  • Holdenke1
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! I am HAPPY because a lost 2 lbs. Yeah!! As for HEALTHY, with my exercise and stretching, I do believe my back is becoming healthier. The pain seems to be less and concentrating in one area more than the other areas. I am going to assume that means the other areas are healing or I'm getting to the source of the pain. As for HONEST, not quite sure what to post, except that I will be honest and tell you although I say I hope to stay at my current weight throughout the holiday, I honestly would like to lose 1.5 lbs. Looking forward to seeing all your posts for today. :smile:
  • doit2013
    Options
    I'm having the hardest time posting this morning...looks like it's not a very happy Monday :(

Honest Monday...overspent my calorie budget for yesterday....trip to Denny's last night...but on the bright side, Idid stay within my calorie goal for the week :)

@Holdenke1 congrats on the 2 lb loss, way to go :)

I'm still planning to lose 1 lb this week....I just have to reign in the urge for mashed potato and stuffing...if anything, they will be my down fall!

Have a wonderful holiday :)

Sue
  • Holdenke1
    Options
    I'm having the hardest time posting this morning...looks like it's not a very happy Monday :(

Honest Monday...overspent my calorie budget for yesterday....trip to Denny's last night...but on the bright side, Idid stay within my calorie goal for the week :)

@Holdenke1 congrats on the 2 lb loss, way to go :)

I'm still planning to lose 1 lb this week....I just have to reign in the urge for mashed potato and stuffing...if anything, they will be my down fall!

Have a wonderful holiday :)

Sue

Sue, congrats for staying within your calorie goal for the week. Remember, have a scoop of mashed potatos and stuffing so you don't feel deprived. Let us know if you lose that lb this week. I'll be rooting for you. :drinker: (they need some different smileys. ha!)
  • doit2013
    Options
    Planning and moderation...my two theme words for the week :)

...well, maybe one more...exercise :)

I'll log on Friday and let you know how it went!
  • doit2013
    Options
    Happy Monday all...

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday :)

Had a great week, including Thanksgiving...lost a lb, was within my calorie goal 5/7 days, but made it under goal for the week...thanks to some extra walking days!

Sue