Babymoons

Options
mainesm
mainesm Posts: 107 Member
Are you taking one? If yes, where to and what kind of activities do you have planned for you and your SO?

Replies

• Careolyn
    Options
    We are going to Iceland, in two weeks! Just a relaxing trip with lots of hiking- light hiking and some spa treatments!
  • mainesm
    Options
    Oh wow! Where do you live? What an amazing babymoon!!!

We are thinking about just a quick weekend away in VA. and we live in MD. LOL
    The leaves are beautiful in the mountains around this time of year. I hope to get away enjoy the scenery, light hiking, fishing, and relaxing...
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    We just took a babymoon to Mohonk (a resort in upstate NY, a couple of hours from where we live in the city). It was very much about relaxing in nature. And we spent a day just hanging out in the spa. We liked it a lot, and talked about going back with our son after he is born.
  • mainesm
    Options
    Sounds amazing. =) How far along were you when you went?
  • Careolyn
    Options
    We live in Canada. It's a 5 hour flight from Toronto, so it isn't too far away. Price wise, its about the same to fly to Vancouver. So why not!
    The mountains sound lovely! I love the mountains!! Have a fun vacay!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun. I wish we could have, but I decided to save the money so I could take as much time off as possible.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Options
    I was 30 weeks. It seemed like a good time to us, because it's "close," but not so close you worry about being too far from your doctor. :-)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Hubs and I did a big trip to Vegas for a week. We had a great time!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    We went to Hawaii (Oahu and the Big Island) for 2 weeks when I was 11-13 weeks pregnant. He originally had to go for work and I tagged along and we made it our babymoon :) We did lots of walking/hiking to different waterfalls, snorkled, rented mopeds, and of course hit up the tourist locations, to include the USS Arizona and Pearl Harbor memorials. I actually came back down 1.5 lbs because I underestimated how much exercise we did so I didn't eat enough cals back to make up for it :laugh:
  • Exna
    Exna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    We had one back in August ( I was 20 weeks) to Hawaii for 2 weeks ( Kuwaii and Honalulu) ... super fun and well deserved babymoon.
    Went hiking , snorkled, tons of swimming, walking and awesome fresh food ! :)
    Gained just like 1 lb after we came back .... I guess I also underestimated how many calories I burned :P ....
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    We are both taking the day off next Friday and *may* head somewhere close for a night or two, just to get away. Nothing fancy by any means - I'm 26 weeks currently, btw, so I think it's a great time to go bc I'm still feeling pretty well and I'm not huge!!
  • polegirl23
    polegirl23 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    We are planning a holiday to Cuba next March/April - I was planning the holiday as a distraction during my two week wait after IVF and we were either going to go straight away to get away from it all if the IVF failed, but luckily as it was successful we will now go when I'm at the start of my third trimester :)
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    We went on a Caribbean cruise when I was about 4.5 months pregnant with my first. We're not big drinkers, so not drinking wasn't a big deal for me, and I got to eat A LOT, which was nice because I wasn't dealing with any morning sickness issues at that point. I also wasn't enormous yet, so I wasn't that uncomfortable. However, I was in that too-big-for-regular-clothes-but-too-small-for-maternity-clothes phase, so I had to buy a few pieces of larger, non-maternity clothing and didn't feel like I looked very nice for being on vacation.

The only downside was that we couldn't do a lot of the excursions that we wanted to while in port, so we ended up just kind of wandering and doing random shopping.

When I came back, my OB threatened to put me on a diet because I had gained too much, too fast :tongue:
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Options
    Hey y'all, I just wanted to share this post I just wrote about my babymoon (with some pics).

http://www.jennyrosenthal.com/2012/11/babymoon-at-mohonk.html
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Not so much a babymoon but we will probably be moving cross country when I am about 30 weeks and we plan to take out time. Perhaps we will get a day or two in NYC before we leave.
  • flyingcarbaccio
    flyingcarbaccio Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    We had a few trips booked before finding out about the baby. I'm so nervous about flying. We have one trip on Thanksgiving weekend, one the following week and then we have a long flight in January to Germany (over 12 hours). I keep hearing that it's ok to fly and my doctor says it's fine, but I am still so nervous. Have any of you taken multiple flights while pregnant? How about a transatlantic?
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, I just wanted to share this post I just wrote about my babymoon (with some pics).

Very cute! I love your pictures. It looks so pretty there! The rock scramble actually looks kind of fun, if you are not pregnant and in good shape :smile:
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Options

Very cute! I love your pictures. It looks so pretty there! The rock scramble actually looks kind of fun, if you are not pregnant and in good shape :smile:

Thanks! I have to be totally honest, I don't know if I could have done that rock scramble pre-pregnancy. Total hats off to the 9 month pregnant woman who did it.
  • speshell4
    Options
    We did one with our first. We took a short flight from atlanta to West Palm Beach. It was so nice just to get your mind off of all the baby stuff that was about to happen. I was 32 weeks and all we did was hang out on the beach. We did not take one with the second. Way too much going on. and we will not with this one either. We are saving for a trip to HI in the fall.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    We had a few trips booked before finding out about the baby. I'm so nervous about flying. We have one trip on Thanksgiving weekend, one the following week and then we have a long flight in January to Germany (over 12 hours). I keep hearing that it's ok to fly and my doctor says it's fine, but I am still so nervous. Have any of you taken multiple flights while pregnant? How about a transatlantic?

Hi,

I've flown for Australia to the US, round trip, last week and will again in December and then January. My doctor said its ok, just get up and walk a lot and stay hydrated.

I also flew from Oregon to Savannah RT.