Breakfast

Options
Hi All, i am new to fitness pal, and cant wait to get going. I need some help with things to eat for breakfast, i have never been a breakfast person and i am not a big fan of eggs....what are some ideas to have for breakfast?

thanks for your help!

Replies

• JESSJESJ
    JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    apple w/ peanut butter
    Greek yogurt & fruit or granola
    reg. oatmeal / overnight oatmeal
    Smoothies if I'm not running late, yogurt, frozen fruit
    peanut butter on toast
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    If you're not a big breakfast person, why force yourself to eat it?
  • runrockclimb
    Options
    Anything you eat for lunch or dinner can be breakfast, it doesn't have to be traditional breakfast food
    That being said I like
    English muffin with a small amount of cream cheese and jam/fruit preserve
    oatmeal because you can put just about anything in it to mix up the flavor
    small amount of yogurt with my favorite breakfast cereal mixed in with fruit fresh or frozen
    apple and peanut butter, or cheese or just a piece of fruit
    a handful of nuts
    smoothies work too, because again they can be made any way you like
    I like to roast a sweet potatoes with some olive oil, a little salt and pepper and some thyme... they make a great snack or grab and go breakfast
    The possibilities are endless, but then again I love breakfast. :-)
  • exWHYzee1337
    Options
    If you're not a big breakfast person, why force yourself to eat it?

this here. Don't eat breakfast then you can have more food during times you do enjoy eating
  • tompkgl78
    Options
    I am not a breakfast eater at all. I have started changing my eating habits tho. I enjoy V8, string cheese, peanut butter on toast, celery with PB, Cup O Soup Chicken Noodle (50 calories), ,puffed rice or puffed wheat cereal with skim milk. Let me know if any of these work for you:)
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    This is a joke, right? That's not how nutrition works. Breakfast is essential to having energy and starting your day off right. If you don't like "breakfast" then try new things and think out of the box. Find things you DO like. Breakfast is much more than bacon and eggs.
  • Di_jako
    Di_jako Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are soooo right!!
  • jillbeanschoop
    jillbeanschoop Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The diabetic recommendation for a breakfast is one whole grain, one dairy/protein and one fruit. With that as a guide you can make up so many combos! Examples:
    oatmeal, milk, and fruit (blueberries, bananas, strawberries, peaches, etc).
    tortilla, peanutbutter, and sliced banana or apple
    Sometimes I go way outside of the breakfast box and have a sandwhich of whole grain bread, with cheese and lettuce and a pear on the side.
  • Shug_E
    Shug_E Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can do some cottage cheese topped with granola and drizzled with honey

You can oven or stove cook some bacon and then cut some fresh veggies like onions, bell peppers, tomatoes and carrots, saute' them in olive oil, sprinkle some Mrs Dash and serve

How about some oatmeal with fresh fruit...blueberries, apples, raisins blackberries

I sometimes make pancakes with fresh fruit and no syrup and they are actually pretty tasty

Just a few ideas, hope they help

:wink:
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    This is a joke, right? That's not how nutrition works. Breakfast is essential to having energy and starting your day off right. If you don't like "breakfast" then try new things and think out of the box. Find things you DO like. Breakfast is much more than bacon and eggs.
    umm, no, not a joke at all.

You would probably benefit from doing some independant research on the topic. Try by searching topics such as 'the importance of meal timing'.

You're welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • Siobhan1983
    Options
    I usually have a quick shake in the morning since I am not a morning person, and don't like to get up much earlier than I have to to get ready for work.

I usually make it with a cup of skim milk, fruit like a banana or strawberries, and what ever protein powder I am using at the time. It keeps me satisfied for a couple hours until my morning snack (fruit)
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    "Apple Pie Oatmeal"
    - 1/4 c steel cut oatmeal (or rolled, non instant) made to box directions
    - Cinammon,
    - Little Honey/sugar
    When 5 min left of cooking add 1 chopped apple and splash of milk

"Spinach Shroom Omelette"
    - Eggs (I use whole) beaten and poured on a non stick pan until a "seam" cooks then add shrooms (i used portabellos) and spinach and soft cheeses (goat or feta)
    - Cover to cook then fold into the omelette before egg completely hardens.
  • jillbeanschoop
    jillbeanschoop Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think it's great that you are trying to become a breakfast eater. Skipping breakfast actually results in a higher blood sugar level in your body later in the morning. It seems counter-intuitive but starting the day with a healthy breakfast can help you prevent a rise in your blood sugar levels later in the morning. If you are at all at risk for diabetes, breakfast is a good habit to acquire.
  • laurap51
    Options
    I am a smoothie person.

Here is one of my favorites

2 cups of Spinach
    1/2 apple
    1/2 pear
    1 banana
    1/2 cup of pineapple

Blend in a blender/magic bullet