Scales that measure BF%

Options
I was recently taking a bootcamp-style course at a Cross Fit gym. At the beginning and end of the course, they took measurements, one of which measured BF% via a scale (with metals "pads" for my feet).

Now, I belong to a University gym, and they don't have a scale like that. I would have to pay for a personal training session ($$$) to have my BF measured with measurements and little tong things.

Are scales accurate? Are they worth investing in? Do you know of places where you can step on one like once a month?? LOL

Will it be a much different number if I use an online calculator?

Replies

• Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    check out my post in the body fat calculator forum. the Marine Corps method is much cheaper, or there are the online resources
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am going to get a DXA scan done for body composition. The closest one costs 100 to do the scan but it tells you your exact body composition and gives you data on each limb and muscle vs. fat and tells you where you carry most of your fat, even showing a picture of your body! I'm super excited. I know it's pricey but it is something that I know would really motivate me. I have a scale and it claims to measure my body fat aswell but I would feel better getting this done so that I would know for sure.