Redo Week 10?

Options
Aimer45
Aimer45 Posts: 55 Member
I completed half of week 10 last week and then took the second half of the week off due to being sick. I did WO9 today. I am trying to decide if I should do a whole week of Week 10 or just the final 3 days of it and move onto Week 11 halfway through this week.

Did anyone else deal with something similar? How did you handle it? Keep going forward or repeat the full week?

I have been very loyal to this program and working out 6 days/week so I am frustrated I had to take a few days off.

Replies

• askthedust
    Options
    I am in a very similar position. I had to take half of last week off because I got sick, and I just restarted today. Honestly, this is not a very useful answer, but I would say listen to your body. If you feel like your strength is intact, then continue where you left off. If you feel like the time off made you regress, then start Week 10 over.

For what it's worth, I decided that I would let my workout today determine how I would deal with it. I had a great workout and have decided to just continue where I left off. However, I am also someone who did WO5+6 for an extra week to become stronger. It is not a race to the finish line. It is not about 90 days. It is about being strong, being active for the rest of our lives and finishing what we started, whether it's in 90 days or not.

Good luck and I hope you feel better!
  • Aimer45
    Aimer45 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks--I took another day off yesterday but am going back to it today. Finally starting to feel a lot better. I am planning to do WO 10 today, cardio tomorrow, and then depending on how I feel I will either do 3 more days of Week 10 or move onto Week 11.
    Thank you so much for reminding me it isn't a race. We are making huge progress in this program!
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I did RI30 then right into BR. After week 6 I was kinda sick of scheduled workouts. Took a 2 week rest from BR. I went back to power walking and running now I'm back onto week 7.