New to group, starting CE 10/15/12 Monday

Options
:flowerforyou:
Looking for buddies to join me. I started, Chalean Extreme a year or so ago, I cant remember and quit after 2-3 weeks. I joined a gym earlier this year, when I joined MFP, lost 13 lbs, switched jobs, started working nights in April, and due to workig nights couldnt get myself together enough to continue what I started. Since then, I decided with all the stuff at home that I own, I can save money by working out at home. Literally, earlier this week I started logging in an hour daily on the treadmill to prepare for CE and really could use a SERIOUS pal to complete it this time! Any takers?

Replies

• Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    congrats on starting tomorrow! I'm sure you will do great. I love working out at home too--it really is more efficient than going anywhere to exercise, and CLX is too, because the workouts aren't that long. I have found this is a small group and we have all started at different times--maybe post your questions and progress to the "progress thread" as well....there is some good support there.

I'm in lean right now, and have 3 more weeks to go, but am thinking I'll either start over when I'm done, or do Lean for Life--or some kind of hybrid.
  • nicole7275
    nicole7275 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You will love this program. I am just starting CLX now for the third time. Just finished Lean for Life and dove right back in repeating the program- going to lift heavier, which means I might be buying more weights. Good Luck. I love working out at home.
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It's a great program but be prepared to buy more weights. I started out w/ 3,5,8 and ended up all the way to 20's...they are expensive...I'm in LEAN now....
  • tsboulanger
    tsboulanger Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just started this week.. tonight is Day 6 of Burn! Loving it. Can't wait to see our progress! Good luck :wink:
  • Msdjt75
    Msdjt75 Posts: 24
    Options
    REALLY? your strength increased that much huh? that's what I have also, 3, 5, 8, and 15...lol stolen from my ex husband.... I actually started saturday and my arms are killling...
  • CrystalX82
    CrystalX82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have 3, 5, 8, 10, 15, 20... I think I used the 3's maybe once and the 5's on the Burn Intervals... and there are lower body moves in Push where I wish I had heavier than 20... you really need to lift heavy to see the results you want! Only problem for me was that I always finished the sets and was never able to get to failure except a couple of times so I probably should have even heavier weights, but I just do what she says in "pretending they're heavier" lol
  • amc119
    amc119 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow. I'll be a week behind you, but I'd love to join you on this journey!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    I started today...round 2!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    REALLY? your strength increased that much huh? that's what I have also, 3, 5, 8, and 15...lol stolen from my ex husband.... I actually started saturday and my arms are killling...
    I'm finishing Push phase and I'm using 17.5 for shoulder presses and biceps, 15 for lateral raises and tricep kickback extenstions, and 30 lbs for squats. And my pushups! So proud of my pushups. You will get strong and sleek if you push yourself. Stay motivated. :wink: