Ever wish there we're more people from the UK?

Options
Obviously I have no problem with American's etc.. but I wish there we're more people from my home soil. It's a lot easier to help each other out as well but maybe this my problem and my problem alone lol.

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    We are around but I think a lot are not aware of this group. Plus the time zones and foods make UK based friends here more useful,
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I'm here
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Back in the day, I swear there were more of us... It's not really surprising though, we're such a little country compared to America, we're always going to be outnumbered! There are a fair of us though!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    There r loads of us!
  • thedandylion
    Options
    OK, So perhaps I should have said active UK members on the forums ;)
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of UK friends and plenty of other friends. Some times of day we're pretty much the only ones on the forums.

Personally, finding people with similar interests and attitudes is more important to me than finding someone geographically close. You can live next door to someone and have nothing in common...
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm here :smile:

I don't mind where people are from, I've got some great friends from the US, but it is funny how we get confused by each other despite speaking the same language.....I kind of like that though!
    Having friends from the UK is definitely easier when looking at each others food diary's.

If anyone wants to add me...drop me a line!!
  • joanne70
    joanne70 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I agree especially when looking at diarys and receipes some of the food I've never heard of :laugh:
  • flipperflapper
    flipperflapper Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm here but only want positive friends. I am doing the Cambridge diet and being judged for it.
    Think we can pull together after this great uk Olympic year x
  • iris65uk
    Options
    Hello live work breath and losing weight in the UK, just joined the UK group. Does keeping in touch help with focus have been doing the application alone since new year and lost 44 lbs but now stuck
  • Cazzy34
    Cazzy34 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I think there are lots of us lurking in the background! I don't often post in the forums, but I am online everyday! I tend to get any tips/recipes etc from the news feed by my UK friends :)

Add more UK based friends. Then you can get to see if they post/share any info/recipes :)
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Hello live work breath and losing weight in the UK, just joined the UK group. Does keeping in touch help with focus have been doing the application alone since new year and lost 44 lbs but now stuck

I think it does help to have friends. It's nice to have someone give you a virtual pat on the back for what you're doing and achieving and I find I'm really inspired by some of my friends. Also, it's useful if you have any questions as you sometimes get a faster and better response from your friends than you might on the forums.

Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to give it a try.
  • Pickyfingers
    Options
    I'm from the Uk and just started Rosemary Conley class last week. I log on everyday!
  • chrisa8170
    chrisa8170 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I think there are quite a few that are active, just its not always obvious if they are UK based. Feel free to add me is you are looking for a 'friend' who is on a number of times every day and is willing to provide support and encouragement.

Regards
  • raven23uk
    raven23uk Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm here
  • CaralynH
    Options
    I'm here. I log pretty much daily (except days like today when I'm going out for dinner so pretty impossible to be accurate) and browse the forums. Thing is, on the main boards, there's so much traffic it's almost too much to read and keep track of, and here it's often really slow.
  • dididede
    dididede Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I only ever really look at this group, maybe I'm missing out?

Mainly I just use my phone for logging so don't get on the forums much x
  • gnr123
    gnr123 Posts: 173
    Options
    Hi from Bolton!

I am on the dukan diet, trying to lose a pesky half a stone.

Feel free to add.

Kat xx
  • kvab
    kvab Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just found the group - anyone feel free to add me, very new around here so still finding my way xx
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    There are a fair few UK'ers around, just not obviously active in forums. Some are far more vocal than others, you just need to know where to look :laugh: