Keeping in my calories but no motivation on exercise

Options
EssexShell
EssexShell Posts: 23 Member
I try to stick to my calories and log on every day numerous times a day and love this site. I think I just need some more encouragement friends to make me get off my butt lol. I keep buying fitness stuff and have good intentions but I'm very lazy and sit on laptop instead. My downfall is being agoraphobic due to an accident and also being a long way from family and friends so I try and make up for it on PC. Anyone else feel like this?

Replies

• Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I had a great routine, I worked out every day during my son's naptime, and was good for a while, then on the Friday before Easter, I started running a low fever that ran until Monday, and although I tried to get back into working out, I just couldn't get seem to find my rhythm again. I kept my calories under goal most days, but wasn't motivated to work out at all. I am 1 pound away from my halfway to goal point, and looking in the mirror today, and realized that although I'm thinner, I don't think I look more attractive. Things look lumpy and not right. That is what got me off the couch today! Started by walking the quarter mile to my older son's bus stop this morning, then as soon as my 2 year old was asleep, I turned on the Wii Fit and burned some calories!
  • moamom1
    moamom1 Posts: 15
    Options
    Oh goodness, I have a tip for you! Get a stability ball. When on the laptop or watching tv sit on that. Mine came with a video of different exercises to do. We got into it because my sons physical therapist recommended it for him to strengthen many parts of his body. He is no-longer a weak frail child, now he is a fit runner. He was told to use it when playing video games. Good luck!
  • Lady_Tilika
    Options
    I try to atleast do a little something each day, but I am only new to this .... There was a couple of days that I did nothing :(... I know what you mean by it's hard to stay motivated :( ....
  • beefoutz
    beefoutz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I also can't get my self to start exercising. Walked on treadmill first week everyday. After that nothing. I feel guilty. Going to the gym today. At least that's my intention. I challenge you to do some moving too!
  • Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Once you get started it will become a habit. Make yourself do it. It's so worth it. I've been exercising 6 days a week for nearly a year now and it is to the point where, as I told my husband, "I can't NOT exercise!" Pardon the double negative. lol But it's just part of the day now that is as important to me as anything else I do. No excuses ladies. You can do this. Do something ... move for 30 minutes every day.
  • beefoutz
    beefoutz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I got back on the treadmill today for 30 minutes. I will do this everyday, I will I will.
  • Mabohlale
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I got back on the treadmill today for 30 minutes. I will do this everyday, I will I will.

YAY for you! Awesome! You can do this! 30 minutes a day consistently 5 to 6 times a week will slowly melt away the pounds! =)
  • snelson1966
    snelson1966 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    :wink: If you can afford it the Fitbit is a great self-motivator, it has helped me increase my steps daily. I find myself parking further in parking lots to get my daily steps, I work in an office building and when I have to go to the bathroom, I will use the stairs to go up or down a few flights to a bathroom on another floor. I dropped 40 pounds easily making little changes like this and now I trying to get into stretching and weight training. If I can do anyone can, I have been sitting on the couch for the last 10+ years, and you can do it too! Best wishes!
  • Helenasnan
    Helenasnan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    it takes 2 weeks to establish a habit, try exercising for that amount of time, it worked for me, I'm HOOKED! Good luck! :smile:
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    From what I hear it takes 20 times to make something a habit. I have been getting up and going to the gym every morning M-F for the past 7.5 years, except during vacations and days off.... I feel lost if I do not go!

This is one habit I will keep and not break!

Push yourself for 20 days and see how it works out?!

Good Luck!
  • pammee44
    pammee44 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome thread and I'm glad i found it. I was kicking butt with working out and sometimes even twice a day and lately it takes all i have to get moving. I'm a runner so I have upped the miles since i am signed up for a half marathon in December, but this past week...UGH!

I would love to have a daily motivator to help me stay on track if anyone is interested. LOL!
  • Mabohlale
    Options
    This is an awesome thread and I'm glad i found it. I was kicking butt with working out and sometimes even twice a day and lately it takes all i have to get moving. I'm a runner so I have upped the miles since i am signed up for a half marathon in December, but this past week...UGH!

I would love to have a daily motivator to help me stay on track if anyone is interested. LOL!

Feel free to add me Pam ... I work out 6 days a week and take Sundays as a rest day. My hubby is an ultra marathon runner. =) I don't run ... but I get some nice walking in each week. I'm doing a half-marathon speed walk in February. =)
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I have days that I don't want to exercise...especially when my arthritus acts up...or I am super sore. When I feel like that I just go to my team page and read what everyone is doing. When I see a a new mom who has been up all night with their baby...working out, or a mom of 5 who homeschools her kids still making time. I feel I have no excuse.

Think of it this way, life throws us enough curveballs (real excuses) to deter our workouts. We should make a concious effort to fit it in when we can. Humans were not meant to sit on their butts all day.If you did that...way back when you would have never survived. :wink:
  • HM1971
    HM1971 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to exercise or I go over calories!!! Maybe thats a good thing, but I can't stay under if I don't.
  • sorcier100
    sorcier100 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know all about having no motivation. I have one knee that was replaced and one that needs to be so every step is painful. I am trying desperately to get moving, somehow, some way, because I know that if I can take off even a few pounds it will help. It's so hard to do though when not only are you tired but in continual pain. I think all of you are so wonderful for sharing motivation to those of us in serious need of it. If any of you know of a website with fat burning exercises that someone with my type of disability (very bad joints) can do I would appreciate the link. Thanks so much and keep working at it. We're all in this together! =)
  • bfl2010
    bfl2010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to lose weight for the last 24+ years. I know what having NO motivation is all about. Though I know what I need to do, the hardest part is getting started. Most of my weight loss is just from the past few months. I try not to make excuses and just get up and try to walk or something. Just keep moving. I also forced myself to eat less carbs, eat clean and "drink" my veggies/fruits.
    I'm half way to my goal weight. I'm hopeful to reach it and so should you :-)
    Try to look at the fitness apps on itunes or android market. I'm sure there's something that will interest you. And a lot of them are free apps. Good luck.
  • modacielo73
    modacielo73 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, new to this thread but from reading your comments, I think I've found my new home :blush: I have lost 54 lbs to date and still have quite a ways to go...but...i am finding it SUPER difficult to try and incorporate exercise into my daily routine. I'm hoping that someone out there can give me that needed pep talk to get me off my *kitten* and actually moving :wink: Anyone? Feel free to add me.
  • kimmiesvogan
    kimmiesvogan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread and feeling it so deeply - I've never been one to really work out - genetics and high metabolism all my life have given me an excuse to not workout till the last couple years - age and sedentary life have definitely caught up with me. I've tried working out but always give myself an out - I do so much better meeting up with someone but hard to do it seems. When I was consistent in the past it was cause it was on my schedule to meet a friend and she'd ride my butt to make sure I showed up. I don't have that here....yet. I've tried working out (walking) more lately but always give myself an out - I do so much better meeting up with someone but hard to do it seems.