I just upped my calories to 1600 from 1200

Options
THuffman1967
THuffman1967 Posts: 114 Member
I've been on MFP for about 6 months, and have lost 18 pounds. The last time I recalculated my BMR, MFP said I should only be eating 1200 calories a day. I felt like I was hungry ALL day. So after doing a little research about TDEE and finding this group, I've decided with some trepidation to up my daily allowance to 1600. Seems like a big jump, and I'm afraid that I won't see the scale move down. I only have 11 pounds to go to reach my goal. I guess I'm just looking for encouragement that I'm doing the right thing.

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You surely are on the right track :)
    Keep fuelling your body
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I think that you are definitely doing the right thing. You could always go up by 100-200 calories each week until you reach 1600 if upping all at once seems too daunting. Either way, you are doing great!!! Congrats on your 18lb loss so far!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm glad you found us. You'll be amazed at some of the differences you'll feel in your body when you start eating more. In addition to this group there's also the website - www.eatmore2weighless.com - which has a ton of information, especially for those new to the EM2WL philosophy. Good luck on your journey!
  • forrolouise
    forrolouise Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We're on the same boat! I was eating 1200-1300 calories a day and lost 14 pounds in about 6 weeks. I was so excited. Then I started reading up and realized that I was losing weight the wrong way. I've been reading about eating more to weight less for about 2 weeks since I've stalled on the weight loss even though I was working out more. I'm upping to 1682 calories a day. I used the Scooby website and found that my BMR is 1356 and my TDEE is 2102. My 20% cut is the 1682. I have to be honest.....I'm totally freaked out by upping the calories, but after all of the research I'm convinced I HAVE to give this a try. I've actually spent a LOT of time looking for success stories just to convince me to try and I'm finally taking the plunge! Good luck to you!!! I hope we are both successful with this journey.
  • LeanNTrim
    LeanNTrim Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello, I just joined your group today. When I joined MFP, I was given a caloric intake of 1340, but I lost 14 lbs. really fast (less than a month) and MFP recalculated my calories down to 1240. I'm concerned now because my weight loss has practically stopped, so I manually changed my calories to 1400 only because is sounded like a good number. I honestly don't know what I'm doing or if I'm doing it correctly in terms of the amount of calories I need to really lose this weight. Can you possibly help me? I currently weigh 251 and I'm 5'7 female. How do I know how many carbs, fats, and proteins I need daily? Please help....thanks!
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello, I just joined your group today. When I joined MFP, I was given a caloric intake of 1340, but I lost 14 lbs. really fast (less than a month) and MFP recalculated my calories down to 1240. I'm concerned now because my weight loss has practically stopped, so I manually changed my calories to 1400 only because is sounded like a good number. I honestly don't know what I'm doing or if I'm doing it correctly in terms of the amount of calories I need to really lose this weight. Can you possibly help me? I currently weigh 251 and I'm 5'7 female. How do I know how many carbs, fats, and proteins I need daily? Please help....thanks!

Hi there, welcome!

All of your questions have been answered in the stickies on the front page of the group's forum. Best sit down and have a really good read of them. :smile:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

Use a spreadsheet so you can save your stats for changing later.

Description and link here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/750920-spreadsheet-for-bmr-tdee-deficit-macro-calcs-hrm-zones
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for about 6 months, and have lost 18 pounds. The last time I recalculated my BMR, MFP said I should only be eating 1200 calories a day. I felt like I was hungry ALL day. So after doing a little research about TDEE and finding this group, I've decided with some trepidation to up my daily allowance to 1600. Seems like a big jump, and I'm afraid that I won't see the scale move down. I only have 11 pounds to go to reach my goal. I guess I'm just looking for encouragement that I'm doing the right thing.

Hi, I'm in the same boat as you. I've sent you a friend request.
    Lisa