Lets motivate each other

Options
I saw a post regarding loosing 15lbs by X-Mas. I thought this was a great way to get motivated. I often find that I am very good at sticking to my goals when I initially start, but life gets in the way and I fall off the wagon. Let's help each other out and stay motivated! I have an awful lot of winter clothes in my closet that I would love to get back into before it's summer again. Who's with me?

Replies

• goldair23
    goldair23 Posts: 160
    Options
    Me!

I'm in NZ so I have Summer coming up in a few weeks so I'd love to lose a few by then.
    I'm at 165 now (and 5'8) and would like to get down to about 140-145. So this would be a perfect way to start!

Current weight: 165/75kg
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 145
    Goal weight for this group: 150

Yay I'm excited! xx
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    SW:191
    -15 pounds
    Goal weight by Chrsitmas 176.

I gotta stay committed to a goal otherwise I loose focus.

How often should we weigh in.... Weekly or everyother week?
  • goldair23
    goldair23 Posts: 160
    Options
    Every second week? So there will be more of a difference and that way more motivating? Well fingers crossed anyway..! x
  • kimdsmith76
    kimdsmith76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I too try to space out my weigh in's. Hopefully with all the support, I'll get it off and keep it off this time.
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I was doing so good for about a month eating healthy and exercising everyday. Got into a relationship, then started college, and on top of that work made it hard to find time. I just got out of that relationship and it has motivated me to start working out again. 15 lbs is all I have left to go, so this group is perfect for me. I just went to this hill by myself that has a large staircase and walked those for about an hour and a half. It's great exercise. Going to try to do that consistently and do strength training as well.

Feel free to add me as a friend. =)
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    163.6 today - goal by Christmas is 148.6 (but I'm hoping for 143.6!)
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    15 pounds shouldn't be too hard or unrealistic!! :)

SW: 187
    GW by Chirstmas: 172

Hopefully with the cooler weather in Texas I will get more running in!!
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    15 pounds shouldn't be too hard or unrealistic!! :)

SW: 187
    GW by Chirstmas: 172

Hopefully with the cooler weather in Texas I will get more running in!!

It's like 90 here in California. blah, but I'm about to go run anyways. Can;t wait for cooler weather