Like Minded Lushes -Octoberr 2012

Options

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'll definitely have to do some tweaking to get them smaller but at least they're showing up for now haha

This is another of the full dress

60609_3966760322565_1191567579_n_zps28f711cb.jpg
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Absolutely GORGEOUS Sweetie!!! Congrats again!

Awww, thanks love! :blushing:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,161 Member
    Options
    Kat - You are beautiful and so is your momma :flowerforyou:

So far this week I have kept my word.

Mon - 0
    Tue - 0
    Wed - 0

I did go to the liquor store with the daughter and bought some sweet tea vodka to take to the mountains. Never had it before, but daughter swears it is good and she should know,she is a self-proclaimed expert on vodka.

Robin - I hope you feel better soon.

Sid - I will post a pic of a my hopefully winning wooly worm when I returneth ;)
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Here's one of my favorites despite me talking and not being ready haha. It's me with my best friend since 2nd grade/MOH and my cousin who's more a brother and who walked me down the "aisle" :heart:

61185_10151278834998488_629157085_n_zps7c117ef7.jpg

I am short but he just makes me look even shorter since he's 6' 8" haha

183415_10151278832288488_107708640_n_zps7b770e68.jpg

Here's the whole wedding party or half apparently haha

183496_3966777122985_2125637664_n_zpsb7ab557f.jpg

We had some good family photographers there :wink: I'm looking forward to the professional ones. I was worried about my make up because I had a break out due to Aunt Flo but so far it's turned out okay in the pics.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Beautiful Kat! I love how different your dress is! I love the dark purple bridesmaid dresses, looks similar to the color my best friends wants for her wedding next october that I am MOH in. Oh and your cousin is super tall!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Kat - You are beautiful and so is your momma :flowerforyou:

So far this week I have kept my word.

Mon - 0
    Tue - 0
    Wed - 0

I did go to the liquor store with the daughter and bought some sweet tea vodka to take to the mountains. Never had it before, but daughter swears it is good and she should know,she is a self-proclaimed expert on vodka.

Robin - I hope you feel better soon.

Sid - I will post a pic of a my hopefully winning wooly worm when I returneth ;)

Thank you sweetums, you guys are making me blush haha. I'll upload a picture of my rings after I have my engagement ring reset.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Kat, I like the way the bridesmaids all have the same color and different styles on top...you and the mama pic is adorable...dress is stunning...ummm, boy is HUGE & handsome

OK, after seeing Kate holding the drink in her hand, I've decided to go for happy hour with hubs. I must celebrate her wedding :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Beautiful Kat! I love how different your dress is! I love the dark purple bridesmaid dresses, looks similar to the color my best friends wants for her wedding next october that I am MOH in. Oh and your cousin is super tall!

Thanks Chloe =] I loved every minute of wearing that dress even though I'm not big on staying dressed up for long. I did switch into my black velour Mrs. LaBarre track suite with orange writing and green design for the after party. I wanted a sort of spectrum starting with the aubergine bridesmaids and then my MOH having a few shades darker than my dress and then mine and the same for the guys though theirs doesn't quite show up as well. But I love that the husband and I BOTH stand out not just me and that our MOH and Best man stand out aside from the rest of the bridesmaids and groomsmen. The one random orange lily in my bouquet is for my Grampa, it wasn't exactly a tiger lily like I hoped but he had planted tiger lilies all around our house so it was in memory of him. I actually had a picture of he and I there with me that day and someone took a picture of it :heart: I couldn't look at it at first because I immediately started to cry and I thought I would be a mess when the song for the dance with my uncle (my father/daughter dance) came on since it was also for my Gramp but I only teared up a few times that day and didn't need tissues at all :smile: The song was "Over the rainbow" by Israel IZ Kamakawiwo'ole ... makes me tear up every time I hear it. My MOH also said she started tearing up when my song for walking down the aisle started, I thought I would but I was actually ok, just loved hearing the song and seeing my guy, who I could actually just zero in on because the doorway pretty much blocked everyone else out.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Kat, I like the way the bridesmaids all have the same color and different styles on top...you and the mama pic is adorable...dress is stunning...ummm, boy is HUGE & handsome

OK, after seeing Kate holding the drink in her hand, I've decided to go for happy hour with hubs. I must celebrate her wedding :drinker:

Hahaha, yeah. Thanks for the help with the pics!! I'm 5' 2 and a half I think haha and my husband is 6' 2" so I feel short anyway but walking down with my 6' 8" cousin was just too funny and was probably one of the things that kept the tears at bay. Though when I first saw him in uniform I teared up, I'm just so proud of that kid and found out he's moving home!!!! I cannot wait to hang out with him lots when he's back :bigsmile: Not to mention watch some Packer games like old times.

Happy hour sounds great right now! Think I may wait a little longer or just wait until my show is on but we'll see.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pics Kat! I love how tall/short you both look down the aisle :laugh:

I have a head cold. Booooo :grumble:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous pics Kat!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Kat maybe its because I am sick and emotional but you made this Mama lush tear up looking at how beautiful and how happy you look. What an awesome wedding. Congratulations again sweetheart.:love:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, went to happy hour in honor of Kat. Thought of Zip while watching the Yankees and the Cardinals at the bar. And, strangely, wondered what number Zip would report tomorrow.

Super duper lushy night tonight...zeros for a long time.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    That must've been a lushy night kim. I don't think the Yankees even played :wink:
    I haven't figured out if Zip drinks more or less when his team wins. We shall see.

0 for me tonight. Back on track.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Kat - ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! Your dress is awesome and you were just beaming!! Your mama looks so happy with you! Great choice on the bridesmaid colors too....just beautiful all the way around!

Robin & Faith - feel better soon!

0's on Monday & Tuesday but yesterday I decorated 85 Halloween cake pops for my stepdaughter, who is having a bake sale for her volleyball team so I had to drink wine to get through all that work! :drinker:

Happy Thursday lushes!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-As predicted...I had a couple glasses of wine while my husband was out.
    Thursday-0...that's the plan :happy:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0

Tonight I have prelogged a couple vodka and diet tonics and a couple beers. Its rest day today and we are going to a friends house for chili. I will be over in cals, but I created enough of a deficit the past few days to make up for it. I am off work tomorrow, yay! But, my goal for the weekend is to stay under cals all 3 days!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Awwww Mama Lush :heart: thank you :smile:

Faith I hope you feel better soon sweets :flowerforyou: I don't know what's worse, head cold or stomach bug. Think it's head cold for me because I hate being stuffed up and can't sleep at all when I am. I'm lucky enough though that I seem to have a titanium immune system and very, very rarely get sick.

Thanks SoCal :smile: I hate pictures of myself but actually didn't think they all looked terrible.

Thank you so much amancanzo :bigsmile:

No dinner last night since we haven't been able to grocery shop and a little too much of the sauce haha. I'll be good tonight :wink: even though the husband will be late late :ohwell:
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Kat! You were a stunning bride!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    That must've been a lushy night kim. I don't think the Yankees even played :wink:
    I haven't figured out if Zip drinks more or less when his team wins. We shall see.

0 for me tonight. Back on track.

I think the number is higher when they win for some reason...I remember seeing the Yanks and they were crapping on with interviews

And, yes, super uber lushy