Like Minded Lushes -Octoberr 2012

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
It is now Fall, time for Ocktober Fests and Spicy spiked ciders and mulled wines. A challenge for any lush.

Welcome to October!

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    So here's to day one of Sober October for me. I am home with a stomach thing so it should be easy.

Kat - I'll bet you are too excited about this coming weekend. enjoy the rush of the week and You had better post tons of pictures!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the sober October!

Kat- I cannot believe your wedding is almost here!!! How exciting!

Lushy weekend as usual...

Monday-Thursday-0
    Friday- half a bottle of merlot
    Saturday- a skinny margarita with lunch, a flight of wine (so about 9 oz), a glass of wine with a yummy cheese plate and about 5 beers
    Sunday- a bloody mary, 2 miller lites and 2 margaritas

This week- zeros until Saturday! (of course I say that every Monday)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I celebrated my birthday all week and was quite lushy. We went out for dinner Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Wednesday my friends brought lasagna, wine, cheese, and fudge over and Saturday went to a festival and had a couple beers, and then I ate an Irish burger and drank Harp at the Irish fest (and some wine after). I think I didn't drink on Monday. That's it. Friday and Saturday drank a considerable amount. To the point where the end of the night is a little foggy, but not so bad that I was a bump on the log all day the following day. So not a total lose, but still, probably more than I shoud have drank. So this week I'd like to try to keep weekday drinking to a minimum. This weekend we go to Lexington (KY) to watch the Cats play football....if you can call it that. We're meeting up with college friends and tailgating starting at 10am, so I'm sure it will be a long day. Sunday is an art fest and jazz fest. I LOVE this time of year.

Good luck with Sober October. Impressive feat indeed.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am feeling like I need a sober-er October! I drank a couple of beers on Friday. Saturday I had a glass of wine and two beers, Sunday went to Oktoberfest and had a stein (25 oz I think) then to a bar to watch the Broncos, where three of us split three pitchers so I probably drank one of those pitchers, then to dinner had a cajun boil, and had a beer.
    I just feel like having a couple of nights of no drinking...
  • DoxieMama70
    DoxieMama70 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of Sober October here, too. I had a lushy weekend like no other so I'm probably thinking the first few days are going to suck...

Oh well, this should definitely help me lose a few pounds and save some money here before the holidays!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Feel better, robin!

Drank too much yesterday. Today will be a zero.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the sober october, I'm definitely having a splurge before my no-no november.

sat night 3.5 ciders and consequent snacking,
    sun glass of wine
    mon a cider
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0

Just got back from Chicago and a good time was had. No counting of drinks, calories or carbs.

I want to be soberish for a while and I'll see how far I get. Thinking I should get some sort of hobby to use that extra time wisely. I'll have to mull that over. Something that will be enjoyable and fill up the :drinker: :drinker: time.

Have fun, Kat and enjoy the festivities!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    OK, peeps, I've got a plan to dump this 6'ish pounds.

Step One: I'm starting right now with the slimming tea.
    Setp Two: Fresh Fruit Cleanse tomorrow for 24 hours. I've been wanting to try it so we will see.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Ok ....

Doxie, I'm pretty sure the last time I had a month of no booze was before I started drinking which was age 18 I believe.

Mama Lush, feel better!!! :flowerforyou: And I am beyond excited. So much so that the weather forecast honestly doesn't matter to me :smile: And I will post lots of pictures ... especially when I know how haha. We also have a videographer but I'm not sure if you can up load that stuff.

Chloe I know! The engagement flew by and I honestly didn't think it would and I can't believe I'm getting married in 6 days!!!!!

Nisi thanks, I certainly shall :wink:

So I picked up my wedding dress today with the oh so soon to be mother in law and it is hanging up in one of our spare bedrooms :smile: We also went and I picked up the rest of the bridesmaids gifts which I'll put together before Saturday so I can give them the gifts while we get ready on Sunday :heart: I honestly can't believe I'm getting married in 6 days, to be serious it doesn't feel like any different of a week. It's a surreal feeling right now. We're going to get our marriage license tomorrow so maybe that will make it a little more real. I had a hard time deciding whether or not to take Kyle's last name only because I just love mine, has nothing to do with my father as I have never known him but I've always been a Matwyko and it's just an awesome name. So I'm getting rid of Ann and going with Katlin Matwyko LaBarre :smile: I never thought it would mean so much to Kyle that I take his last name but I guess it does and this way I sort of still have my name :bigsmile: SO NOT looking forward to the name change process but I think I'm going to order the Knot's package of name change forms and see how that goes.

As for booze .... I was with my soon to be mother in law all day and we didn't eat anything and when I got home all I wanted was to get in my Halloween pj's and have some wine. So the fiancé and I are watching No Reservations, I'm having wine while sitting under my heated blanket with the tiny *****cat laying next to me and we're awaiting our dinner :smile:

Have a good night all and happy 1st of October .... my favorite month ever :bigsmile:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    D.A.M.N...it's October already! September just whooshed by. I love October though.

Kat - I am excited for you too and I don't really even know you. It's funny about the name thing. When I got married I never gave it a second thought (or about getting hitched for that matter) and just changed my last name to my husbands' and surprisingly I miss my maiden name. It is very unusual (Italian) and anyone who has this particular last name is a relative. Whenever I travel and there is a phone book I always look to see if I have any relatives in that city. I think it is good that you are thinking about it.

As for the rest of you lushes, I see lots of 0's, just thought I would add one more.

Monday -0
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    MY LUSHES!!! I have MIA lately but I have missed you all so much! I am still in the process of reading back through the end of september. I just wanted to bump the thread so I don't lose it!!!
    I dislocated my knee two saturdays ago and have been couch bound. Actually at work on the couch with my laptop....seriously should have just stayed home, geesh!!!
    I have been UBER lushy and do not see this trend ending anytime soon!!!
    I'll be back catch up!!!

Kat-holy moly only a few more days. Enjoy everything!! xo
    Happy birthday Ashley!!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Mon - 2 beers
    Team won.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Oops, didn't even think that would get bleeped out, it's what I call my kitty, silly MFP.

Bottle of wine and then some last night but felt fine this morning and am getting lots done around the house. I'm sure there will be wine tonight too but today I'll actually have time to get a double work out in to work it off.

5 days!!! :heart:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    My favorite Missblue!!!! Get better soon!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

It's getting close, Kat!

I've had 2 friends deactivate their accounts recently. What the heck is that all about? sheesh.

Mon-0
    Tues-0
    Gunna try to go for a few days in a row of 0's. It's been a while since I've done that and drinking right now is just not a good idea with my current emotional state. :ohwell:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Boooo, Kate, on the knee. Double, booooo, for having to work while your at home.

Sydney, see that your still bumming, hope you perk up soon. How is he doing anyway?

Day of detox is going well. I ate a piece of salmon & a pear for dinner, drank my slimming tea and am eating fresh fruits all day (mainly apples, pears, oranges and grapes). I might have a cup of beef barley soup for dinner if it gets too bad. At least, I feel skinny for the day.

Work meeting went well, only an hour...in and out

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0 - I'll be easing back into regular food and shouldn't do anything stupid...maybe?
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    MONDAY=0 DRINKS

First "0" in awhile!
    and I had "leftover" wine and a couple of nice beers. I had hoped it would lead to a better night's sleep but I still woke up after 90 minutes and hit snooze repeatedly. I am just never going to be one of those people who spring out of bed!
    Kat, that is so close and so exciting! Can't wait to see the pics. I took my husbands last name, I don't know why. I was over 30 when we married and all my professional licensure is under my maiden name, but I just wanted something different, and ever since I have never signed it wrong. I really thought it would be harder to get used to but it wasn't!
    Not sure you need The Knot kit, just look up the procedure in your state and go through the steps. It was daunting to me too, but you get the marriage certificate, then the Driver's license (maybe you don't have one?!) and then social security card.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-0

So of course my plans for zeros until Saturday probably won't happen....we are going to a friends house Thursday for dinner, so I am sure I will have some wine. But, that will just keep me motivated to be perfect until then with eating and workouts. And I will have a zero on Friday for sure.

The name change thing wasn't too bad for me. License, passport, SS card, CPA license and then all the credit cards, which I don't even know if I have changed all of those yet...and its been a year already! haha!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Took me 14 years to change the SS card over. I got flagged when I filed electronically. Damn computers.

Chole, I guess you have to pick and choose the drinking days very carefully!!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Of course our first argument about wedding related stuff happens 4 days before the wedding. And of course he's right so he left this morning without saying goodbye but what do I do, I do his laundry and shampoo the carpet in his office :noway: If only it weren't frowned upon to drink at 8:22 in the morning :angry: