• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Kate, that's where the saying "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" comes into play
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Kate, that's where the saying "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" comes into play

Haha, might just have a "Kat screw driver" which is grapefruit juice and vodka.

Chloe, you're awesome with 0's so I think you're still in the green :wink:

asjerven, thanks for the info! I have my SS card, state ID, passport and credit cards so I guess I don't need the kit. Good thing about the ID is I hate the picture so this is a good excuse to get a new one haha.

So, I also changed the light in the office and since I had the carpet cleaner out I cleaned the family room carpet which was disgusting. I can't wait to get rid of the carpets. Mostly carpeted floors and 5 animals doesn't make a good combo. Last nights argument was only made a bit better by the fact that I finally got Aunt Flo. She didn't come at all last month, probably from a combo of stress and working out so much. So that was stressing me out too. I left a note for the fathead for when he gets home that reads "Yes, despite your being a jerk both last night and this morning. I picked up the boxes, vacuumed AND shampooed the carpet in the office. I also changed the light bulb. Love, your maybe soon to be wife" I then left a note in the office on the computer that reads "You're welcome :heart: "

We'll see if he says anything :indifferent:

Now to do the rest of the laundry.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Sunday 0
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 2 pumpkin beers. Love pumpkin beer.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    hang in there kat!

Kim..the son seems to be doing just fine. Me..I have some days it hits me more than others. Keeping busy definitely helps.

Mon-0
    Tues-0
    Lets see if I can keep this going.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Tue - 3 shots
    Team loss.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options

Most folks just call that a greyhound. :wink:

I changed my name the first time. I changed it back after the divorce. I didn't change it the second time. I did change it the 3rd time and it is a long going process this time. The only things that are correct yet are my house and my car because it is expensive to change the title on the house and a hassel to change the car. it took 3 years to get it to this point.

Okay dear lushes hold on to your hats

Monday 0
    Tuesday 0

Yep you got that right I actually am acheiving Sober October so far. :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Options

Most folks just call that a greyhound. :wink:

I never knew that! Maybe I can call it a Kathound? :wink:

And awesome job on the sober October :flowerforyou: Mine has not been :drinker:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Robin, well done so far and to all the sober octoberers

Kat, I'm getting excited, 6 days :-) sorry you're not having the best day though :-(

I've had no alcohol for the last 2 nights, haven't fancied it as feeling a bit under the weather, think I could've done with getting this bug next month instead!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Yvonne, yay on the zero's, boooo on the not feeling well

Robin, way to rock those zeros - do you feel a difference in the morning?

Well, I did it, 0 for Wednesday

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0
    Thursday, 0
    Friday, 4 to 5 - wine club - hoping to be a cheap *kitten* date
    Saturady, 12 hour work day
    Sunday, 12 hour work day

Total: 4 to 5 when all is said and done...vast improvement for sure
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday- 1 small glass of red wine at a work event

Tonight going to a friends for dinner and plan on keeping it to 2-3 glasses of wine or less.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    wow everyone is doing great with their 0's....I, on the other hand, have had massive quanities of wine....almost a bottle a night :blushing:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    haha no worries kate..I'll be right there with ya tonight probably. :drinker:

Mon-0
    Tues-0
    Wed-0

3 days is usually my limit for 0's....so we shall see what tonight brings. I don't feel any better with all those 0's. I am feeling good about the exercise and pretty good with the eating though.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, Kate, there has to be one of us to represent the lushes.

Sydney, glad that you are feeling better with exercise and healthy eating.

I've got to get laundry done and prep some dinner. I'm also thinking how nice a pedicure would be.

:drinker: :drinker: Wine night tomorrow with my yummy chard/butter/gorgonzolla pasta:drinker: :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Don't worry Kblue I'm right there with you!!

Good job everyone else on your 0's :flowerforyou: and thanks Yvonne, things are better now :smile:

So the biggest weight of the wedding has been lifted from my shoulders ..... our pups will be there!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I was so worried about leaving them for so long not to mention they're my babies and I really wanted them there for our HUGE day. I contacted Jackie at the Manor which is who the packet said to talk to about pets and she was absolutely wonderful. We're figuring out how to do it but I am just so incredibly happy that they will be there. I am definitely getting pictures with them and hopefully some video :smile: I tried on my costume wedding dress yesterday and Jinx laid right down on the train, it was the cutest thing so I'm hoping for a shot like that with my actual wedding dress.

So despite this lush having too much booze yesterday, not enough food and being a tad hungover .... nothing could ruin this mood :bigsmile: I'm also feeling SUPER slim today so that doesn't hurt either haha. Think I'll spend today lounging and possibly putting the bridesmaid gifts together :glasses:

3 days :heart:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: Wine night tomorrow with my yummy chard/butter/gorgonzolla pasta:drinker: :drinker:

holy crap that sounds good. recipe?
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I have been lushy this week.
    an old friend came in from out of town
    The Cards got the wild card.
    Wed - 2 shots and 3 beers
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Linguine & Mushroom: grilled wild mushroom, shallot, spinach, fresh herbs, black river gorgonzola, white wine butter sauce

Lemon Chardonnay Butter Sauce:

¼ cup butter (salted)
    ¼ cup Chardonnay wine
    2 Tablespoons lemon juice
    ¾ teaspoon granulated sugar
    Dash salt
    1 1/3 cups heavy cream

This is the only recipe I could find when I looked for it. I was going to leave out the lemon and use this for a base and tweak as needed. However, since I got to the restaurant once a month, I figure it's a treat. They use Black River Gorgonzolla and it must be added in the end because the chunks are everywhere and it just kind of melts in.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Monday -0
    Tuesday -0
    Wednesday -0

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

I have to admit yesterday was very very difficult. Boss was a total B and when I got home I was one cranky @ss B myself. But I somehow made it thru. I do feel better in the morning but it sure is hard to fall asleep. I am also compensating by eating too much sugar. No promises but I will just keep going until I don't want to anymore.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Yep, Day 3 is usually the deal breaker...yes, falling asleep is horrible, maybe some melatonin might help

Zip, friends make us extra lushy, good luck with the cardinals. I have on my White Sox t-shirt today and I am kind of embarrassed - but - a cubs shirt would be more embarrasssing. Sorry, Chole :wink:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 2 Bloody Marys
    Wednesday - 1 Hard cider