3 large sweet onions
3 garlic cloves
1 can of 6 oz tomato paste
Extra Virign Olive Oil
Hungary paprika
Pepper
Sea salt
Bay leave
Habanero Powder (for the spicy kick if you dare)

Procedure to cook the Czech's Goulash
Cut beef into 1x1" pieces
Chop onions into pieces
Chop garlic cloves

Throw beef and onions into an iron cast pot
4 TBS of olive oil and 5 to 7 bay leaves
Cook it with medium-low power with a lid on it. Stir it for every 5 minutes.
Appx 15-20 minutes of cooking the beef's grease should cover everything in the pot
4 to 6 TBS of paprikka
2 TBS of pepper
1 TBS of salt
1 TBS of habanero powder (for the spicy kick if you dare)
Empty the tomato paste into the pot
Stir it for at least 10 minutes with low power.
Throw all garlics in it and stir for 5 minutes with power off.

Enjoy!

Replies

• chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm trying the paleo/primal diet. It's kind of hard cause the whole family is not on board, but I try.
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Jindra,
    This is great. Unfortunately I'll have to wait a few more weeks until I'm done with my AI Protocol. But this is definitely on my "To Try" list.

Thanks again!
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm trying the paleo/primal diet. It's kind of hard cause the whole family is not on board, but I try.

For those people who don't eat paleo like you: you could serve goulash with rice. Put goulash on top of the rice and serve. It is how we eat in Czech.

The amount in the recipe is good for 4 people. 2 days of food for a single person (lunch and dinner).
  • iluv2travel
    Options
    I've been looking for a good goulash recipe, thank you for sharing this!!! =)
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I think you might need to adjust the length of cooking. You don't want to cook it so quick or the meat will become hard. You would want the meat to be soft, something like med well-done or stew kind. It is always good idea to cook it slow as I have suggested. If the grease doesn't cover most of the food then cook it little more. It all depends with the size of onions you used. A large onion to me is a fist hand size.

For garlic, the amount in my recipe is pretty strong. So if you aren't used to taste a strong garlic then reduce three cloves to two or one and half.

The food should look little heavy when it is done, not too watery.
  • mantisladyx
    mantisladyx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It sounds divine., can't wait to try it out:flowerforyou: