Ablation procedure next Monday. Yay!!!!

Options
stl_nana
stl_nana Posts: 99 Member
I've heard many good things about this procedure and am very hopeful to get some relief from the very heavy 30-35 day periods. I did some reading of previous posts here on the subject and am encouraged. Too bad it's not a miracle cure for the unrelenting hot flashes/night sweats, memory loss etc

Any of you ladies care to share your experience good or bad? I would love to hear them.

Replies

• Karren188
    Karren188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Great experience with mine. It really relieved a lot of my problems and I no longer have the urge to claw my way out of my skin! Hope yours went great.

btw - I did not feel any relief or results for several months. So don't get frustrated if you don't see instant results. ~karen~
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    You will be so happy you did! I had it done a few years ago, and it was like I got my life back! I keep recommending it to my friends, but for whatever reason, they don't want to have anything done. They think the problem will just go away eventually. I lived with it for YEARS before my doctor suggested the procedure. It was well worth it!!!
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I was considered a "failure" for ablation because I ended up with a hysterectomy. That said, I was extremely happy with the procedure and it helped me tremendously with the very heavy bleeding. I had additional issues, so ended up with the hysterectomy about 2 years later. I would do it again in an instant if needed.
  • glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I loved mine- really helped with painful, heavy periods for about 8 years, and even then it was only the pain that made me get the hysterectomy. My period never did get heavier. Good luck with yours!
  • stl_nana
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback ladies. The procedure went well and I felt completely fine after. It's only been a week so I'll be anxiously anticipating the outcome. I'm very hopeful.

Now if I could only get my weight under control,
  • NJtoCA
    Options
    I had the procedure a year ago....the best thing I've ever done for myself! I can go anywhere and plan trips without worrying about being embarrassed. I'm hoping your results are as good as mine!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    You will get your life back! :flowerforyou:
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I had it done about 2 years ago and haven't had a period since, however, I did still get cramps and such for about 8 months. I am so glad I did it.
  • glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I had it done for heavy, painful periods. It stopped the both for about 7 years then the pain came back again. By then I was 48 so having a hysterectomy wasn't as bad an option. Had the hysterectomy (ovaries left in) 6 years ago - been in and out of menopause for the past three years.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback ladies. The procedure went well and I felt completely fine after. It's only been a week so I'll be anxiously anticipating the outcome. I'm very hopeful.

Now if I could only get my weight under control,
    How have you been doing?
  • stl_nana
    Options
    So far so good. No bleeding whatsoever. Having PMS symptoms still but nothing I can't handle. Loving life again!!!!
  • Darlene4prayers
    Darlene4prayers Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've heard many good things about this procedure and am very hopeful to get some relief from the very heavy 30-35 day periods. I did some reading of previous posts here on the subject and am encouraged. Too bad it's not a miracle cure for the unrelenting hot flashes/night sweats, memory loss etc

Any of you ladies care to share your experience good or bad? I would love to hear them.

I was the first patient in my area to have this done in 1998. The doctor went to Chicago to learn how to do the procedure then the machine had to be delivered from Indianapolis and several doctors with my approval were there to watch. At the time I felt like a science experiment. lol After the surgery my first period was very heavy so I was thinking the procedure didn't work. Then every month the bleeding was less and less. I had a 3 day period with normal bleeding for many years till I reached menopause.
    I was always had heavy flows so this was a miracle to me. My doctor wanted me to have a hysterectomy for the heavy bleeding. I disagreed because all the tests showed there were no medical problems. The lining of the uterus was thickening which was causing the heavy flow. It wasn't fun going through this bloody mess every month for one year. I was glad I did my homework and found this article in the newspaper about ablation and told my doctor about it right away. Hope for the best for you!