Starting 10/22 - any tips or recommendations?

Options
I just received my dvd's and am starting the Body Revolution on Monday! I'm not sure how closely I'll be following the meal plans, but I'll try to mirror that the best I can! Nervous but excited at the same time!
:happy:

Replies

• gatx
    gatx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Welcome to the club!

I just finished Phase 1 so I am 1/3 of the way through it.

My recommendations are:
    * Take pics and measurements beforehand (I was pleased to 'see' the changes that were not on the scale).
    * It helps for me to have a set time every morning to work out.
    * I did the kickstart and that when I lost quick pounds. Otherwise its been inches
    * I also added C25k for extra cardio. Aiming for a 5k on Thanksgiving to earn my extra gravy!
    * Have fun with it! Stick with it! (She'll remind you its only 30 mins a day!!)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm starting for the THIRD time tomorrow. Never got past week three but determined to succeed this time. Would love to be ' buddies' to help motivate each other.
  • dani_doing_it
    dani_doing_it Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You will love it hate it all at the same time!!

I agree 100% with gatx... I just finished Phase 1 and while I only lost 3 lbs I lost over 6 inches!!

I am also doing C25K and adding some weight lifting next week.

Do your best... push as much as you can.. and if you just can't, do something you can do. I found that in workout 3 there was a move that was just too hard for my knees so I did squat presses instead.

Even when I didn't feel like it I would tell myself "it's only 30 mins"... and when you wake up sore the first few days and don't want to get out of bed let alone workout... DO IT. You will be so happy you did!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have done some of her workouts in the past (30 day shred) but wanted an actual program. I only have 30 minutes in the am each day to squeeze in a workout, so I was thrilled when I stumbled across this one! I'll take all of your tips to heart and give it my best :smile:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    The 30 minutes per day is what sold me on the program, too. I'm just finishing up week 2, but did the entire 30 Day Shred right before starting this program, so the first two weeks have been fairly easy.

I agree with those who said to just do whatever you can and stick with it.

Good luck!
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Im on week 6 and my tips are:

- be patient with yourself. It takes at least doing the same workout twice for it to set and for your muscles to get the hang of any new moves etc.
    - if cardio one feels to easy, do cardio 2 instead!
    - dont guilttrip yourself if you get sick, try to look at what youve accomplished so far!
    - dont get disheartened, this is a three month program so give your body a break, beeing to hard on yourself will not help your progress!

GOOD LUCK !
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    How you getting in, OP?
  • healthy4heidi
    healthy4heidi Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    FYI - a lot of the workout are about 32-35 minutes with cool down. The first month is very similar to 30 Day Shred. They are challenging but nothing you can't handle. Once you make it to month two, this program sets itself apart from her other workouts. They build on the strength you gain in month one. I am on week 7, so that's about as far as I can comment. I can see lean muscle mass on my arms, my abs and mid section are looking better and better each day. I love it. It hurts, it's challenging, do your best and do not give up.

I tried sticking to about 1200 calories (didn't do her meal plan) but this last month I've needed more so I upped it to 1300 and I'm trying not eat may exercise calories back . Listen to your body. Do what you need to do.

I did do the kick start workouts the first week. I shed 3+ pounds that week. Good luck!
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    I just received my dvd's and am starting the Body Revolution on Monday! I'm not sure how closely I'll be following the meal plans, but I'll try to mirror that the best I can! Nervous but excited at the same time!

Did you start yesterday and how did you like it?
  • Steph1015
    Steph1015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Started 10-22-12. Little sore today.
  • rydn4h2o
    Options

Did you start yesterday and how did you like it?

I did start on 10/22, and loved it...I swear I needed a wheelchair get around by Wednesday from the soreness! LOL But, it's been good. I just started week 2 yesterday.
  • rydn4h2o
    Options
    Week two complete with great results! I'm down 5-1/2 pounds and my measurements are getting smaller. Starting workouts 3 & 4 on monday....loving this program so far!

:drinker: :smile:
  • rydn4h2o
    Options
    I started Week 3 today, and all I can say is WOW! She really steps it up and I definitely struggled through it. Those plank moves are rough...I don't doubt things will improved, but it was tough!
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Started today! I'm going to try to do the kickstart so will be follwoing the meal plan to the best of my ability and do the cardio tonight. Had 2 eggs, 2 slices of canadian bacon, tomatoes and avacodao for breakfast. That was a lot of food! Glad to see the support here.
  • rydn4h2o
    Options
    Started today! I'm going to try to do the kickstart so will be follwoing the meal plan to the best of my ability and do the cardio tonight. Had 2 eggs, 2 slices of canadian bacon, tomatoes and avacodao for breakfast. That was a lot of food! Glad to see the support here.

Happy you joined the group! :happy:
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Week two complete with great results! I'm down 5-1/2 pounds and my measurements are getting smaller. Starting workouts 3 & 4 on monday....loving this program so far!

Great job! I'm in the home stretch, Week 11. You won't believe how strong you'll get! I couldn't do crab dips for the life of me and now I can do crab dip kicks! I've lost 13.5 lbs so far and so many inches.
  • dzmikki
    dzmikki Posts: 254 Member
    Options
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

That's where we are :bigsmile:

OP - I'm jealous that you are losing weight! I'm nearly done with week three and at first I gained three pounds then lost those along with one more. I think I'm losing inches, but I'm going to wait until then end of week 4 to check.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 4 today and I've done nothing but GAIN weight....but the inches are coming off, so I need to remind myself that the inches are what will make me look smaller!!
  • rydn4h2o
    Options

That's where we are :bigsmile:

OP - I'm jealous that you are losing weight! I'm nearly done with week three and at first I gained three pounds then lost those along with one more. I think I'm losing inches, but I'm going to wait until then end of week 4 to check.

I'm in this group, and it's been really helpful! I'm sure the weight loss will taper off...I tend to lose right away when I start a program and then it will get aggravating! LOL