Just joined

Options
eviejoy
eviejoy Posts: 6 Member
I've been having problems with staying consistent with exercising. I thought if I joined this club it would help me. I do not know if I can do a complete 30 minutes a day and be consistent, therefore, I will start at 10 minutes at least. I will work up to 30 minutes in a month or 2. I hope that will be ok. I will do my first 10 minutes on the treadmill when I get home this evening. I will let you know. Thanks.

Replies

• roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! 10 minutes a day to start is awesome! I think the most important factor is consistency and building the habit of doing something...anything to move your body every day. I usually go overboard when I first start exercising and then get burnt out by the 2nd week. This time it's all about consistency and starting slow and actually enjoying being active. Happy to have you as a member :happy:
  • Shug_E
    Shug_E Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ten minutes is beter than no minutes. My problem moreso is motiviation. My family is familiar with my lifestyle change but my husband comes in here from work with pizzas and ribs and crap, my brother eats sweets all day and all I can do is shake my head, but as far as consistency.....true, true, very true. As long as you keep moving a little everyday, you can and will feel the difference. So I guess I will motivate myself to attend class this evening.
  • FW36726
    Options
    I don't often get in 30 straight minutes but I do try to do 5 and 10 min walks a couple of times a day. I have a pedometer (Sportline wrist watch type) and try to remember to hit the button every time I get away from my chair. Goal is always 10000 steps(3 miles) but I feel successful if I can make a minimum of 5000. You can get in 30min/day if you just break it up. I need to make a commitment to myself and you folks to get my 30+ min in each day.